No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Aims To Quickly Climb Ranking Ladder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Aims To Quickly Climb Ranking Ladder

If the blueprint is followed properly heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker will be flirting with a top-five world ranking when he fights in Invercargill in July next year.

Fairfax can confirm today the 22-year-old South Aucklander will line up against a yet-to-be-named boxer at the ILT Stadium Southland in July. The proposed date is Saturday, July 11. It is a fight which will draw plenty of national interest and will probably capture international interest as well given where he could be at come July next year, and who the potential opponent is.

The leading New Zealand heavyweight is currently ranked No 10 by the World Boxing Association with a 12-fight-12-win professional record.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fight a top ten ranked and we can talk. I'm far from sold when his best wins so far are old, overweight journeymen.

Fight Anthony Joshua.
    Last edited by Weltschmerz; 12-26-2014, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      If the blueprint is followed properly heavyweight boxer Joseph Parker will be flirting with a top-five world ranking when he fights in Invercargill in July next year.

Fairfax can confirm today the 22-year-old South Aucklander will line up against a yet-to-be-named boxer at the ILT Stadium Southland in July. The proposed date is Saturday, July 11. It is a fight which will draw plenty of national interest and will probably capture international interest as well given where he could be at come July next year, and who the potential opponent is.

The leading New Zealand heavyweight is currently ranked No 10 by the World Boxing Association with a 12-fight-12-win professional record.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      When Joseph Parker is the same age as Anthony Joshua is now, he will probably be a World Champion. Luckily, rugby didn't take this great Samoan talent because he looks to be the real deal. The heavyweight division really needs exciting fighters like Joseph. I wish him all the best in the coming years, and hope that he will be able to continue in his development as a fighter. He is Las Vegas based, so should be able to find inspiration from skilled fighters around him.

Comment

Seen loads of comments on YT about how Parker would smash Joshua, after seeing his videos, I can't see it myself. I think Joshua would beat him, and easily aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
          Seen loads of comments on YT about how Parker would smash Joshua, after seeing his videos, I can't see it myself. I think Joshua would beat him, and easily aswell.
          Joseph Parker is three years younger than Anthony Joshua. There is not a chance in hell that Eddie Hearn would allow Anthony Joshua to face Joseph Parker at this stage of his career, but they will probably meet in the ring in a few years time. Then we will see who will smash who. Time will tell.

Comment

This Lad could go far if he's not rushed & fights outside of NZ a bit more. I'd like to see him in with Commonwealth champ Lucas Browne within 3 fights!

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
              Fight a top ten ranked and we can talk. I'm far from sold when his best wins so far are old, overweight journeymen.

Fight Anthony Joshua.

Joseph Parker is ranked higher than Joshua because he is fighting higher ranked opponents. His last knockout against Irineu Beato Costa jnr who is ranked 15th by the WBO is a contender for knockout of the year. Joseph Parker is young and still growing and developing as a boxer getting the essential experience that every boxer needs. Muhammad Ali had 19 wins before he fought Sonny Liston so these things can't be rushed. Both Joshua and Parker have yet to prove themselves against boxers in the top 10 and that will happen at the right time.
              Last edited by Ringside Man; 12-28-2014, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X