No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Not Holding His Breath on Mares Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Not Holding His Breath on Mares Rematch

WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez (57-8, 48KOs) is not paying too much attention to the recent statements coming from former three division beltholder Abner Mares (28-1-1, 15KOs).

Last year, Gonzalez recaptured his title with a first round knockout of Mares. It was the first career defeat on the Mexican Olympian's record.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I really want to see this rematch happen, but it seems like Mares one of my current favorite fighters, does not want any part of Gonzalez. So that's why we are hearing about a fight with Mares vs Santa Cruz in May. In my honest opinion I would rather watch Mares vs Gonzalez 2, but Mares is ducking Gonzalez and it's pretty clear that he is.

Comment

This reminds me of Khan-Prescott

Comment

Let's face it

Jhonny took something out of mares
        Mares won't rematch him

That division is extremely loaded

Comment

Mares puts Gonzalez to sleep. I'll put anything on that. Mares will fight smart, fight effeciently and fight at his peak to take Jhonny out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
            I really want to see this rematch happen, but it seems like Mares one of my current favorite fighters, does not want any part of Gonzalez. So that's why we are hearing about a fight with Mares vs Santa Cruz in May. In my honest opinion I would rather watch Mares vs Gonzalez 2, but Mares is ducking Gonzalez and it's pretty clear that he is.
            Seriously? Look at Mares' resume. He. DUCKS. NO ONE! Period. JG will get his in due time.

Comment

Gonzalez took Mares' soul that night.

Abner knows he gets wrecked again.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Mares puts Gonzalez to sleep. I'll put anything on that. Mares will fight smart, fight effeciently and fight at his peak to take Jhonny out.
                Skills, have you not noticed Mares's clear early signs of shotness?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Skills, have you not noticed Mares's clear early signs of shotness?
                  He has no clue what he's on about spray

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    He has no clue what he's on about spray
                    Alot of tough fights Mares has had, He is not reacting to punches well at all, at times has trouble pulling the trigger from a distances is noticeably slower and just resorts to brawling to be effective. Its JuanMa all over again.

Comment

Working...
                    X