No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Full Card Announced For Roc Nation 1/9 MSG Boxing Show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Full Card Announced For Roc Nation 1/9 MSG Boxing Show

Already a marquee event featuring Dusty “The Beltway Boricua” Hernandez-Harrison (24-0, 13 KO’s) vs. Tommy “The Razor” Rainone (22-5-1, 4 KO’s) in a 10-round main event for the vacant WBC Continental Americas Welterweight Championship along with an all-star lineup of musical talent performing, the January 9 edition of throne boxing just got event bigger with the announcement of an exciting undercard that will have fans in The Theater at Madison Square Garden on their feet and those watching at home cheering as they watch the action live on FOX Sports 1. [Click Here To Read More]

Good for us that Fox1 is opening to new promotions. Could mean more televised fights for us.

Comment

They have a 3 card deal
      Also, three TV cards that night. Showtime and ESPN.

Comment

MSG for this card ? Here's what I think of Roc Nation and this card"peeleft: I hope the music is better than the boxing card.

Comment

Roc Nation should've just had a Fabolous concert and had this card near the bathroom during the concert.

Comment

I don't recognize one name on this card. I hope they're able to buy out Goosen Promotions and actually pick up some actual names.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              They have a 3 card deal
              Also, three TV cards that night. Showtime and ESPN.
              which is....? I'm aware of an ESPN card, but I didn't know Showtime is planning to hold a card on that day.

Originally posted by BradleyP4P#1 View Post
              MSG for this card ? Here's what I think of Roc Nation and this card"peeleft: I hope the music is better than the boxing card.
              This card is being held in the Theater, not in the arena. For example, GGG fought Stevens in the Theater, but fought Geale in the arena.

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
              I don't recognize one name on this card. I hope they're able to buy out Goosen Promotions and actually pick up some actual names.
              It's on FOX Sports, perfect place for prospects. Tureano Johnson isn't a big name, but he's fought on ESPN/Showtime a few times.

Comment

If Roc Nation really wants to be a player in this sport, this is the way to start: by actually promoting fights.

Throwing around money and trying to sign some "names" doesn't mean anything if they can't actually promote -- put on the event, publicize it, draw a crowd. I think it was 50 Cent who got a license and signed some guys and then started crying about how HBO and Showtime wouldn't throw money at his feet ... but never proved he could actually promote a fight and coordinate an event, etc.

Interested to see how this goes.

Comment

Rapper Fabulous to perform in between (a) fight(s). Lol.

Welcome to the fight game Jay-Z.

Comment

Great stuff. Really looking forward to Roc Nation.

Question, for anyone who might know:

Will Jay-Z be attending these Roc Nation shows? I mean like... is he THE man in charge of this promotional venture (obviously with advisers and guys in the industry who know the business doing everything behind the scenes)? Or is he just funding the company?

Basically is he like 50 with SMS or are they just using his name and he's funding the company?

Comment

Working...
                    X