No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker's Trainer Will Take Good Look at Chagaev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker's Trainer Will Take Good Look at Chagaev

Joseph Parker's 2015 calendar has already been planned out and should see him secure his place as one of the world's best heavyweight boxers.

The 22-year-old had his best fight as a professional at the Fight for Life in Hamilton on Saturday night, knocking out Brazilian Irineu Beato Costa Junior 31 seconds into the fourth round.

Some had questioned whether Parker had the raw power to end a fight with one punch but his effort at Claudelands Arena put those doubts to rest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'd like to see Parker have at least one more fight before going after Chagaev. The danger if he goes for it now is that he'll be under pressure to step-up again, to world-level opposition.

That said, it's definitely the most winnable 'title' out there, and I expect Joshua's promoter, too, will be looking at that fight for 2015.

Comment

First time I've heard Chagaev mentioned in a good while. Surprised more fighters aren't targeting him to use his belt as a bargaining chip for proper title fights.

Comment

I still think Parker/Browne for the Commonwealth title in Sydney makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
          I still think Parker/Browne for the Commonwealth title in Sydney makes sense!
          I agree - it would be a great dust-up. Browne is a big guy, but his footwork and chin aren't great. Given the level he's been fighting at, too, he'd likely be overwhelmed by JP.

Comment

Working...
          X