No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: David Lemieux Post Lockeroom Interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: David Lemieux Post Lockeroom Interview

Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York - Bill "Two Scoops" Emes catches up with middleweight banger David Lemieux to dicuss his recent TKO victory over Gabe Rosado, a potential fight with WBA/IBO/WBC-interm champion Gennady Golovkin. Lemieux talks about his fighting style and what he brings to the table against Golovkin, breaks down the things that he's done to fix his stamina to last in the later rounds and not fall apart, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I enjoyed the show, but no matter what Lemxxxxxx says, that was Gabe Rosado. Not everybody is going to stand there and let him T off, Gabe is game, but nobody said he was talented. Good win, but I still remember Rubio.

Comment

A solid step forward. Beat a top ten guy and I'll get excited about Lemeiux-GGG.

Comment

Lemieux-Pascal-Beterbiev

What I realize about American boxing fans - I'm a Canadian who has been living in Dallas for 10 years - is that they know very little about how boxers are being trained in Montreal. I keep listening about folks reference to Lemieux's fight against Rubio. First, Lemieux turned professional at 18 (with practically no amateur background) and faced Rubio at 22. Back then, he relied solely on his power to take care of business in early rounds with a conditioning, life style and nutrition that were highly deficient. If you remember the first 6 rounds of the Rubio's fight, it was all Lemieux... Rubio swallowed up the shots... and Lemieux repeated Foreman's ill advised game plan against Ali. He got exhausted and Rubio took advantage of it. Lemieux is now a different animal... highly conditioned to be explosive throughout 12 rounds. In fact, we saw in the Rosado fight that Lemieux was still very active and landing hard shots in the 10th round when the fight was stopped. Finally, bear in mind that Lemieux trains at the GYM gym with Marc Ramsay and constantly spars 12 rounders with the likes of Jean Pascal, Artur Beterbiev (who beat Kovalev twice in the amateur ranks and just demolished Tavoris Cloud in 2 rounds), Alvarez, etc... ALL light heavyweights ex-champion (Pascal) or respected contenders... In other words, Lemieux spars with guys that are 15-20 lbs heavier than himself and cannot put them down... but still goes 12 rounds with them... So, he is used to spar with guys 12 rounds when he is not having his way with them. With some more polishing in defense (especially against left uppercuts), GGG will have his hands full with the pretty beast from Canada...

Comment

Working...
        X