No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Had Chisora Pulled From Further Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Had Chisora Pulled From Further Damage

Promoter Frank Warren revealed that he ordered the corner of Dereck Chisora to stop Saturday's rematch against Tyson Fury at the ExCel Arena in London. Chisora took his fair share of blows to the face and Warren told his trainer to end the contest at the end of the tenth. The fight was for the British, Commonwealth and EBU heavyweight titles. It was also a WBO championship eliminator for a crack at Wladimir Klitschko.

[Click Here To Read More]

Didn't know a promoter could order a corner to throw in the towel. Not that it would have made any difference.

Comment

Yeah, that's a very bad precedent to let a promoter order a corner to stop a fight

Comment

Corner should've stopped it a few rounds earlier. Writing was on the wall early.

Comment

Fwank Warren still needs Chisora for those little europea, borderline world championship level fights. He might get a call from Germany soon regarding Chisora facing another one of their unbeaten HW prospect who is probably originally from Uzbekistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            He might get a call from Germany soon regarding Chisora facing another one of their unbeaten HW prospect who is probably originally from Uzbekistan.
            Lol the truthfulness of that statement made me lol.

Comment

noone saw that one sided beat down coming huh........mc dermott could probably beat chisora at this stage, why dont they bring him back he was riding the crusp of a wave coming off his biggest win against skeltom (hint of sarcasm) . Ok warren has ian lewison who looks like a better version of chisora tbh and gary cornish who looks mentally like he is not up to it. From the pics ive seen of him sparring with Wach.

Comment

what an idiot Frank Warren is, the corner was just about to let Chisora out the cage. Fury got lucky!

Comment

The last couple of years Chisora has a few decent wins against C level guys. I just didn't expect him to be so lethargic against Fury. I say put him in there with David Price, Chris Arreola or Lucas Browne...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    The last couple of years Chisora has a few decent wins against C level guys. I just didn't expect him to be so lethargic against Fury. I say put him in there with David Price, Chris Arreola or Lucas Browne...
                    Vs Arreola or Browne would be good... but Price is too big and rangy IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X