No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Provodnikov Beats Down, Stops Castillo in Five

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Provodnikov Beats Down, Stops Castillo in Five

Luzhniki, Moscow, Russia - In his first fight back since the upset split decision loss to Chris Algieri in June, former WBO junior welterweight champion Ruslan Provodnikov (24-3, 17KOs) beat down 40-year old Mexican veteran Jose Luis Castillo (66-13-1, 57KOs) , who previously held the WBC lightweight title years ago and is viewed by most as being well past his best days. Provodnikov got a fifth round knockout after working Castillo over round after round.

[Click Here To Read More]

All i wanna know, how much $ JLC got for this?

Comment

Wow!!! What a shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
        All i wanna know, how much $ JLC got for this?
        Around $500,000.

Bradley, Rios, Judah and Mosley were offered the chance for tonight but they all refused.

Castillo tried to hang in there, stood tough for a couple of rounds but age is unforgiving. He just doesn't have the resources to answer back strongly.

I want to see Bradley and Rios grow a pair, and get in the ring with Provo. Great fights.

Comment

He DID NOT beat down Castillo at all. I just saw Castillo get old over 2 rounds. ( you know how they say "he got old over night").. in rounds 3 and 4 he got sluggage and old.

Hate the chants and drums they allow overseas in the arena. It's annoying as hell. Back to the fight...

Castillo's 2nd knockdown he just took a knee... but since the fight was in Russia.. of course they STOPPED it right away.

Ruslan seems to get worse and worse. He used to be a favorite to watch. But that last 3 fights. (Alvarado, Algieri, Castillo) he has seemed to be looking less skillful, less experienced, less punching power. He can't seem to finish these somewhat less of an opposition opponents.

Ruslan is really taking a seat on the back of the bus as far as top fighters on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
            He DID NOT beat down Castillo at all. I just saw Castillo get old over 2 rounds. ( you know how they say "he got old over night").. in rounds 3 and 4 he got sluggage and old.

Hate the chants and drums they allow overseas in the arena. It's annoying as hell. Back to the fight...

Castillo's 2nd knockdown he just took a knee... but since the fight was in Russia.. of course they STOPPED it right away.

Ruslan seems to get worse and worse. He used to be a favorite to watch. But that last 3 fights. (Alvarado, Algieri, Castillo) he has seemed to be looking less skillful, less experienced, less punching power. He can't seem to finish these somewhat less of an opposition opponents.

Ruslan is really taking a seat on the back of the bus as far as top fighters on my list.
            What fight did you watch? Castillo has a solid chin and he was getting tagged over and over again, round after round. If it wasn't for Castillo's chin this fight may have ended in the second round.

After the second knockdown, obviously you missed Castillo motioning to the referee (as he was going down) that he was really hurt and that signaled the referee to jump in to wave it off without a count.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              Around $500,000.

Bradley, Rios, Judah and Mosley were offered the chance for tonight but they all refused.

Castillo tried to hang in there, stood tough for a couple of rounds but age is unforgiving. He just doesn't have the resources to answer back strongly.

I want to see Bradley and Rios grow a pair, and get in the ring with Provo. Great fights.
              Wehave been telling you G... this fight was crap from the start and in no way would this fight be FOTY candidate nor competitive.

Comment

A shameful fucking night in boxing.

Comment

Disgraceful.

Comment

thats good money for being a no-lifer. this will only encourage him to keep fighting, which is sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X