No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Admits Chisora Rematch is a 50/50 Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Admits Chisora Rematch is a 50/50 Fight

Tyson Fury admits the time for talking is over ahead of his much-anticipated heavyweight fight against Dereck Chisora at London's ExCeL Arena on Saturday.

Fury beat Chisora on points in 2011 and the rematch, which is sold out, represents a WBO world title final eliminator to set up a bout with IBF, WBA and WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko.

The build-up to the fight has been mired in controversy.

Fury was fined £15,000 by the British Boxing Board of Control for a foul-mouthed rant in September and, at his next media outing, put tape over his mouth and refused to answer questions in protest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fury is a legend. He'll say the opposite tomorrow.

Comment

The Chisora of 2014 is a different animal compared to the fat Chisora that Fury beat in 2011.

Close as hell. I can actually see Chisora dropping Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
        The Chisora of 2014 is a different animal compared to the fat Chisora that Fury beat in 2011.

I think chisora's chin has got worse since haye starched him. hes been hurt in each of his last few fights by light hitters. I could see him hitting the deck at least as easily as fury. I think fury stops him late in a tough fight

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post

That's true. But most people seem to forget that Tyson Fury has equally improved and isn't just a fat tall guy anymore. He's fit, can punch and can move. Totally different fighter to the first fight.

Chisora is Chisora. He does what he does and he doesn't really do anything particularly great. But he's a very good body puncher. Fury could win this quite easily if he sticks to boxing and moving.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            I think chisora's chin has got worse since haye starched him. hes been hurt in each of his last few fights by light hitters. I could see him hitting the deck at least as easily as fury. I think fury stops him late in a tough fight
            I agree Haye if not Vitali and Fury too took something out of Chisora's resistance. Still a tough guy but he's not the same. Better technique, better fitness, less chin.

Comment

'I've also been wrestling with my brothers and my cousin'

looking forward to this technical masterclass then.

Comment

Originally posted by MMegatron View Post
                'I've also been wrestling with my brothers and my cousin'

looking forward to this technical masterclass then.
                He was obviously joking.

The reporter asked him if he think he'd come in at 16 st which equates to roughly 100 kgs or 220 lbs. Fury is 6'9 and in good shape is around 245-250 lbs

It was a dumb question that got a dumb answer.

Comment

Fury recently compared himself to Achilles, the ancient Greek hero.
                  Fury's "Achilles heel" is the overhand right, and the overhand right is Del Boy's favourite weapon. So yeah, anything could happen in this fight.

Comment

No way am I comparing Tyson Fury to Bob Fitzsimmons, but Fitz wrestled as part of his training schedule(sometimes against a Lion, Bear or Great Dane) so why not?!

Comment

Working...
                    X