No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: A Look at Cuban Fighters, Split Decision Documentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: A Look at Cuban Fighters, Split Decision Documentary

Brin-Jonathan Butler has an amazing story to tell the world, sadly only a handful number of people have actually seen it. His documentary Split Decision has been shown at the Toronto Film Festival and another showing is expected to premier in New York on December 6, whilst he actively seeks to show his film to a wider audience.

The documentary examines American-Cuban political relations and the economic situation told through the eyes of some the greatest Cuban boxers, past and present, since Fidel Castro came to power back in 1959. [Click Here To Read More]

When someone mention "Cuban Boxing", one immediately think of words such as "boring", "running", etc

Comment

Originally posted by invanex View Post
      When someone mention "Cuban Boxing", one immediately think of words such as "boring", "running", etc
      BAsically you mean other pseudo champions and you when hear about cubans begin to think in excuses to duck, like boring, running, no earnings bla bla bla. In real world you know that the opponent have two options, to loose or look bad with a stolen fight in his favor

Comment

The reason only a handful have seen it is because no one cares about Cuban boxers. As long as they keep being clowns in the ring, no one will care. That's why Rigondeaux, their best fighter / "TOP FIGHTER", is fighting on UniMas. You don't see stars or top fighters fighting on UniMas.

I am sure his work is excellent, but sadly, doing specials about things people don't care about is a waste of time. Mainly because all of that effort won't be seen. It is better spent on covering appealing subjects... like Mexican fighters, etc.

Comment

I thought they discontinued this film. Wow I will definitely look into it. Rigondeaux often criticized by casual fans and respected or feared by boxing pros. Even Golovkin is a fan... he attended his fight with Donaire. People will try to replicate Rigondeaux's style and failing to do so. He is the Yoda of boxing. One of a kind.
          Last edited by vortex662290; 11-25-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

What a load of bullcrap, making Cuba sound like some sort of prision and hell on earth. God, i hate this kind of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by vortex662290 View Post
              I thought they discontinued this film. Wow I will definitely look into it. Rigondeaux often criticized by casual fans and respected or feared by boxing pros. Even Golovkin is a fan... he attended his fight with Donaire. People will try to replicate Rigondeaux's style and failing to do so. He is the Yoda of boxing. One of a kind.
              Golovkin seems a very smart and noble man, his fans on the other hand can be extremely annoying and ignorant

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_of_Sheep View Post
                What a load of bullcrap, making Cuba sound like some sort of prision and hell on earth. God, i hate this kind of crap.
                how would you know?

Comment

booorrinng close down the school.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                    The reason only a handful have seen it is because no one cares about Cuban boxers. As long as they keep being clowns in the ring, no one will care. That's why Rigondeaux, their best fighter / "TOP FIGHTER", is fighting on UniMas. You don't see stars or top fighters fighting on UniMas.

I am sure his work is excellent, but sadly, doing specials about things people don't care about is a waste of time. Mainly because all of that effort won't be seen. It is better spent on covering appealing subjects... like Mexican fighters, etc.
                    Take GGG's pick down before you talk bad about Rigo.

If Rigo is a clown in the ring then so is Loma.

Comment

Working...
                    X