No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather or Who Cares?: Post-Pacquiao Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather or Who Cares?: Post-Pacquiao Report Card

Being it’s closing in on the Christmas season, let’s pretend fight fans have been more nice than naughty. Twitter timelines may indicate otherwise, but like kids waiting for Santa, impatience can be well earned.

For five years, there has been one capital “S” superfight. It’s past time to get it. Jerry Jones is back talking Cowboy Stadium. Bob Arum is talking about his buddy Les Moonves. Stephen Espinoza of Showtime seems relatively muted.

And how many fools would pay to see Manny Pacquiao fight someone like Jessie Vargas? Arum bandied that around some more after the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Agree with everything, except Manny vs Vargas would be 1000 times more of a joke than Floyd vs Khan. They aren't even comparable.

Comment

Pac vs may is not even possible in my dreams.

Comment

If no Mayweather, Marquez or (Danny) Garcia will do. Other fighters outside of that is just a joke. Uncle Bob wake up!

Comment

Floyd vs Khan is not a joke fight and it's one Floyd could very well lose...Pac vs anymore non high-ranked fighters is a joke (Bradley and Cotto are the ONLY top fighters in years Pac fought)...They need to fight each other or retire...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
            Floyd vs Khan is not a joke fight and it's one Floyd could very well lose...Pac vs anymore non high-ranked fighters is a joke (Bradley and Cotto are the ONLY top fighters in years Pac fought)...They need to fight each other or retire...
            what would a win over khan do for Floyd? for his legacy? khan just doesn't look good in his fights,i really don't see the point in that fight,the lead up to the fight would be better than the fight itself,i just don't see what a victory over khan does for floyds career..and as for pac/Floyd,to me that fight would have been great four years ago,now both are kind of at the end of their careers,floyd is older,gets hit more while pac is also a different fighter,it will sell and everything but I just think both arent' really in their primes anymore,pac beating Floyd wouldn't really surprise me anymore,floyd gets more now ,four years ago pac doesn't even land many punches on Floyd,now it's different

Comment

you forgot the that sugar ray leanard ducked aaron pryor and also waited out hagler until he was older how people over look these things is beyond me

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
                So beating an old Collazo makes Khan a legit welterweight to challenge Floyd? Are you kidding me? Did you forget his four previous fights where he was hurt bad and dropped by B-grade or C-grade fighters that were there for Khan to pummel? Did you forget that Garcia knocked him silly? Imagine what an accurate puncher like Floyd would do to Khan's glass chin.

As for Pac, I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Danny Garcia at 140, his "comfortable weight."

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                  you forgot the that sugar ray leanard ducked aaron pryor and also waited out hagler until he was older how people over look these things is beyond me
                  I'm no Leonard fan but when did he duck Pryor?
                  I guess it wasn't the detached retina that caused Ray to retire but his fear of the Hawk. or he should have fought him in '81 instead of Kalule and Hearns .

Comment

First of all Leonard never ducked Pryor. Leonard retired because of the eye problem and Pryor retired into drugs. There was never a time for them to fight.
                    Mayweather and Paquiao have no excuses for not fighting. I believe Paquiao is serious about a fight with Floyd, is Floyd serious about fighting Manny ??????

Comment

Working...
                    X