No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Algieri: He Hurt Me Once, Two of The Six Were Slips

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Algieri: He Hurt Me Once, Two of The Six Were Slips

Filipino ring icon Manny Pacquiao comprehensively dismantled American Chris Algieri to retain his WBO welterweight title at the Cotai Arena in Macau on Sunday. Pacquiao dropped Algieri to the canvas six times during the 12-round contest in the southern Chinese city to win an overwhelming unanimous decision: 119-103, 119-103, 120-102 on the judges' cards.

Algieri, the unbeaten WBO light welterweight champion, was outclassed from the start, with the eight-division world champion Pacquiao knocking the Long Islander down twice in the second round, though on one occasion it looked like a slip. Pacquiao was landing punches at will as the quick Algieri tried to run, slip and hide from the onslaught.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope this kid goes to ESPN and never comes back, and Pac's next fight in America is a competitive one.

Comment

Mama Dionisia was working overtime with her magic, making Algieri slip over and over.

Comment

No doubt here...2 of the 6 KDs were slips...ref should have known better

Comment

You still in the cage Chris?

Comment

the day a fighter has to justify slips from a multitude of knockdowns is when a fighter realizes he just got his ass handed to him.

Comment

2 were slips, but you were definitley hurt on more than one occasion.... unless you faked the body language

Comment

Yeah those slips were neither here nore there. I think the first one was a slip, it looked like one, I don't recall another but I might have missed it. However the fight was so one sided it didn't make a blind bit of difference

Wasn't like he slipped and Howard Foster waved it off whilst he was still rolling around on the floor. (Infact he'd have been doing him a favor)

Comment

Yea, 2 were moreso slips..but he was runnning away in a position of weakness. So yea, no sympathy from me there.

He was just running from Manny's punches... clearly not moving, jabbing, and controlling distance.

It was clear.... so no sympathy from me Algieri.

Comment

Hey you all try fighting while wearing a cage, it totally throws off your balance!

Comment

Working...
                    X