No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Tua Could End Up Facing Meehan-Cameron Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Tua Could End Up Facing Meehan-Cameron Winner

The winner of tonight's Super8 main event between heavyweights Shane Cameron and Kali Meehan could be pitted against David Tua next year.

Cameron and Meehan square off at the North Shore Events Centre on a card that also sees leading Kiwi cruiserweight David Aloua take on rugged Australian Anthony McCracken in a rematch of their 2012 brawl - won via split decision by Aloua.

Of the eight cruiserweights that contest the Super8 tournament, which features a $154,000 prize pool, Australian Brad Pitt and Samoan Vitalie Soi are the favoured contenders to progress to the final from opposing sides of the draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Still blown away that tua never won a title

Comment

Damn Tua is my all time fav but in his last outing he clearly showed he has no business in that ring anymore.

As much as I want Tua to win I think both Cameron and Meehan UD him with ease.

Just leave them gloves in the bag buddy.

Comment

SMH give it up, Tua. That big lummox Ustinov looked slicker than sweet pea and sugar Nikolai Valuev against you.

Comment

Although I would pick Tua to hurt LET'S GO CHAMP right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
            Damn Tua is my all time fav but in his last outing he clearly showed he has no business in that ring anymore.

As much as I want Tua to win I think both Cameron and Meehan UD him with ease.

Just leave them gloves in the bag buddy.
            Me too man. Somewhere along the road he got scared to punch and go all out. Crazy, when you consider how he fought Ike and others. Seeing him beat up by Byrd says it all. He just lost it and wasn't good enough.

Comment

I'm excited at the prospect of David Tua coming back and fighting Meehan/Cameron. Tua always looks good against B-C level opponents. His last fight against Ustinov was really the wrong opponent for him. It was bad matchmaking to pit the much smaller Tua against a guy who was much taller and had a much longer reach than him.

Comment

Tua is not the powerful force he once was but a Tua-Meehan fight could be fun. Neither guy will probably be near the title again so what do they have to lose.

Comment

Working...
                X