No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: I Want To Emulate Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua: I Want To Emulate Wladimir Klitschko

Anthony Joshua has said he may pick the brain of his upcoming opponent Michael Sprott after their fight to gauge his progress.

Joshua meets 39-year-old veteran Sprott on the undercard of Nathan Cleverly v Tony Bellew, live on Sky Sports Box Office this Saturday.

And since both men have had the privilege of training and sparring with heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, Joshua feels he would benefit from speaking to Sprott after their bout. [Click Here To Read More]

I think Pulev will take over after Vlad. But good luck to Joshua, who represents the sport gentlemanlike, unlike Chisora and Fury.

Comment

I don't have a whole lot of faith in Pulev. You have to give him credit for even taking on Vladimir but he didn't have a chance in hell of winning. His limited pro experience and lack of quality opposition don't add up to a fighter who would give Klitschko any kind of run for his money. Pulev has only beat journeymen and hasn't proven his worth on the elite or even B+ level yet. It took him 9 rounds to get rid of Michael Sprott. Nothing against Sprott but he is a journeyman who shouldn't give a top level opponent any trouble whatsoever. As far as I know, Pulev hasn't beaten a single top 20 contender.
      If Joshua gets rid of Sprott within 3 rounds, I would think he is already on his way to becoming a major future threat to the heavyweight crown that Kubrat may or may not ever be.
      Derek Chisora has 4 losses, but even he has faced much tougher competition earlier in his career than Pulev and took Vlad's brother the distance. Then you also have Stiverne and Fury who are respectively smarter and bigger than Pulev, as well as some other up and comers like the Australian Lucas Browne who depending on how he handles stiffer competition, could be a future contender for the heavyweight crown.
      It's no mystery why Klitschko decided to face Pulev instead of Fury who earned the right to fight him as Klitschko's mandatory challenger. He wouldn't have the size advantage with Fury and Fury has a decide jab!
      Title eliminators and mandatory positions should be eliminated if they don't get honored by a shot at the champ. Based on what happens far to often to mandatory challengers, they should call it a voluntary mandatory because for some crazy reason, the champ can just decide not to face his mandatory challenger. Unless you change weight class (which is usually a cop out to not have to face your mandatory challenger) anyone who does not honor his mandatory challenger is a phony who should be stripped of the belt that the mandatory challenger earned a chance to fight for through winning a title eliminator.

Comment

Contrary to Pulev Joshua is a smart guy. He understands Wlad`s top level and great performance in his last fight.

Comment

who wouldn't. he gets paid a ton of money to fight a string of easy opponents because the division is so very weak. It would be better if who he chooses to emulate dominated during an era when the division was strong.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-20-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDSH8cXtFRQ Joshua should try and emulate Lennox Lewis not be a riddick Bowe and hide from the beast who beat him as an amateur.

The beast from South London

Comment

Joshua will be the next dominant heavyweight after wlad retires.

Book it.

Comment

Too bad for Wald because the new stable of heavyweights is the best in years and he continues to fight weak opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                  I think Pulev will take over after Vlad. But good luck to Joshua, who represents the sport gentlemanlike, unlike Chisora and Fury.
                  Give it a year, and Joshua will pummel Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                    Too bad for Wald because the new stable of heavyweights is the best in years and he continues to fight weak opposition.
                    If he hangs around for a few more years, there's a good chance he'll face the likes Ortiz, Parker, Ruiz et al.

The 'young guns' look very promising. Exciting times.

Comment

Working...
                    X