No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Ponders Brook Shot, Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Ponders Brook Shot, Retirement

Former four division champion Juan Manuel Marquez (56-7-1, 40KOs), 41-years-old, is still undecided on his future. But if he decides to return next year, he will only take part in a single fight and then plans to retire from sport - although he leaves the door open for a second fight.

Marquez would like to go for a welterweight world title. IBF champion Kell Brook has been mentioned by Marquez and his trainer Nacho Beristain, and Brook's promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport is very interested in making that fight. Brook has a tentative return date at the end of March.

[Click Here To Read More]

Bottom line:

"Maybe I'll retire, maybe not. Maybe a last fight before I retire but a second one could happen. I want that 5th title but no Pacquiao. Maybe Kell Brook. Hell no Floyd. But I just don't know what happens next. I'll be training but I don't know."

Comment

Once (LUCKY PUNCH) is not enough.......Juan is looking to convince himself that he was that good - NOT LUCKY! So one more fight might prove it.

Comment

I'm so tired of this repeated open pondering from Marquez after every fight. I might do this, might not, might retire,might not,one more, maybe more. God it's constant and tedious.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
          I'm so tired of this repeated open pondering from Marquez after every fight. I might do this, might not, might retire,might not,one more, maybe more. God it's constant and tedious.
          ino seriously.

Comment

Me Juan. Me like happy feeling. Me not like bad feeling. Me wait if Algieri robbery. If Algieri win, me like feeling. Me great Mexican warrior. Pacquaio win, me close chapter. Me not lucky punch but me can't do it again. Kell brook, not great feeling. Me want title with great feeling. Me easy like. Me like steroid explode easy.

Comment

wow marquez id love you not to get hof just because of your attitude but we all know your going to go straight in.

Comment

I honestly believe he's waiting to see if algy wins. And if algy does...I guarantee they fight

Comment

I hope Pacquiao wins, and we get 1 more Pacquiao vs. Marquez masterpiece. I think they should split the pot 50/50, and the fight should be at Cowboys Stadium (definitely NOT Macau) for the WBO Welterweight Championship. Marquez's legacy is solid, and win, lose, or draw, he's going in the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by delpilar View Post
                    Once (LUCKY PUNCH) is not enough.......Juan is looking to convince himself that he was that good - NOT LUCKY! So one more fight might prove it.
                    If he hadn't have knock Pac down earlier in the fight, I would call it luck. However if you watch the fight again, you'll see him trying to land that punch earlier. Marquez knows Manny better than anyone, so it's not luck, it's preparation.

Comment

Working...
                    X