No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Yuriorkis Gamboa, Mijares Shine in Cancun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Yuriorkis Gamboa, Mijares Shine in Cancun

Cristian Mijares picks up his second consecutive win following a unanimous decision win over Lester Medrano in their 10-round featherweight bout Saturday evening in Cancun, Mexico.

Scores were 99-91 across the board.

Medrano threatened to spoil the party early in the bout, but was merely Mijares getting off to a slow start. The former two-time super flyweight titlist eventually found his way around the ring in round two, and safely boxed his way to victory.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mijares did not exactly shine, it was a dull bout which was the reason it was NOT the main event, vs a guy from Nicaragua, average @ best fighting outside his country 4 the 1st time..., Farias's bout was, she fought well, moving up in weight 2 get the title...

Comment

Gamboa still has what it takes to win a title at 135, after Crawford moves up of course.

Comment

Gamboa looks solid but I just feel like he is lazy in the ring nowadays. He looks like he is just roaming around the ring sparring and then turns it up randomly. I wish he was more active and explosive like his 2007-ish former self.

I still enjoy watching him fight but I think he can do more than what he is doing.

Comment

Gamboa and lomachenko would be a hell of a fight. Hopefully by the end of neXT year

Comment

Originally posted by Str8 Right View Post
            Gamboa and lomachenko would be a hell of a fight. Hopefully by the end of neXT year

damn that would be a great match up. can't pick a winner in that one

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
              damn that would be a great match up. can't pick a winner in that one
              I think I'd probably have to go with Loma cuz I kinda question gamboas chin...a tough fight to call non the less.

Comment

Patient took his time good bounce back fight I doubt he is eager to rush up anybody full on again after what happened last time. It works against people his size but he should forget about 135 he is too short, and looks like a packed tank at 130 already if he can make 130, 126 why put yourself at a disadvantage with bigger guys in a division you got no business being on.

Comment

gamboa's inactivity hurt him against crawford

Comment

Originally posted by IHATEBOBARUM1 View Post
                    gamboa's inactivity hurt him against crawford
                    gamboa's stubborness hurt him vs crawford

Comment

Working...
                    X