No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Eye Leo Santa Cruz Showdown in 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Eye Leo Santa Cruz Showdown in 2015

Former three division world champion Abner Mares (27-1-1, 14KOs) is training for his upcoming fight, which is going to close out his 2014. In 2015, Mares would like to get fights with Leo Santa Cruz and Jhonny Gonzalez.

Mares returns on December 13th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas against an opponent to be determined. The fight takes place on the undercard to Amir Khan vs. Devon Alexander.

Mares, managed by Al Haymon, says the upcoming fight next is the last bout under his promotional contract with Golden Boy but he gets along very well with their company and plans to continue working with them but it does not appear clear if he's going to sign an agreement with them.
    [Click Here To Read More]

gobble ee g**k. who knows. more info needed.

Comment

basically what he is saying is he wants to fight one of the big guys but he's afraid he'll lose so he wants a long contract incase he does, with some soft opponents thrown in.

Comment

Walters would probably destroy him. He's better served going back down to 122 and fighting LSC.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 11-15-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

I don't see this china chin getting past either LSC or Gonzalez.

Comment

mares vs LSC would be sick

Comment

Sounds good to me, I hope Mares fights both Gonzalez & LSC. I will be rooting for him in both of those fights, if both of those fights happen. I think he can beat LSC by decision Gonzalez on the other hand, Gonzalez might just have Mares number.

Comment

he still has Jhonny on his mind, but Leo will beat him by late tko...

Comment

I would still love to see mares and donaire at 122

Comment

Originally posted by Str8 Right View Post
                    I would still love to see mares and donaire at 122
                    Mares/Donaire might end up like Juanma/Gamboa. It's stupid that the fight still hasn't happened.

Comment

Working...
                    X