No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Celestino Caballero Decides To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Celestino Caballero Decides To Retire From Boxing

Former world champion Celestino Caballero (37-6, 24KO), 38-years-old and with the full support of his family, has announced his retirement from boxing. Caballero captured world titles at super bantamweight and featherweight. He had notable wins over Steve Molitor, Daniel Ponce De Leon, Daud Yordan, Jonathan Barrios, Mauricio Pastrana, Jeffrey Mathebula and others. But over the last few years Caballero has lost 4 of his last 7, with the last defeat taking place in October against prospect Adrien Estrella - where Caballero took a lot of punishment and was dropped several times.

[Click Here To Read More]

I remember how Arum/Juanma ducked this guy like Ebola.

Comment

Saw him on the Vasquez/Marquez undercard. Wasn't impressed. Tall and awkward. That's it.

Comment

holy cow. the guys a baby factory!

Comment

His fight against Doud was one of the first fights I ever saw. I'm a fan of Caballero, I'll be one of the few that will miss him.

Comment

Enjoy your retirement. I've been a longtime fan. It was disgusting and disgraceful how Juanma ducked my man at 122.

Comment

You earned it El Pelenchin.

Goes to Thailand and knocks out the champ, then turns around and goes to Canada to do the same.

At his best he was hard to handle.

He probably stayed 4 years too long.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
                Saw him on the Vasquez/Marquez undercard. Wasn't impressed. Tall and awkward. That's it.
                That was late in his career, he was a mover, too fast for Ponce de Leon. Beautiful jab with blazing footwork early. He resorted to mauling and brawling when his legs started going. Kind of like, I'll just use his initials, Timothy Bradley. I said kind of, but Tim is getting wobbled a lot lately.

Comment

Good call. He took a beating in his last fight. I'll always remember him for demolishing Molitor.

Comment

I remember the fight were he took ponce de leons 0 and how caba struck fear in juanma.

Comment

Working...
                    X