No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Karim Mayfield Ready For San Francisco Homecoming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Karim Mayfield Ready For San Francisco Homecoming

Karim Mayfield’s career isn’t hanging by a thread yet, but at age 33, the seamstress’ spool is getting thinner by the second.

After a promising 18-0-1 start to his career that included wins over Francisco Santana (twice), Steve Forbes and Mauricio Herrera, the San Francisco native suffered consecutive defeats against Thomas Dulorme and Emmanuel Taylor in 2014 to push him out of the junior welterweight title picture.

As a result, Mayfield is going back to basics with a homecoming headliner Saturday night against Michael Balasi at the Longshoremen’s Hall in Fisherman’s Wharf.

“I’m going back to the style that made me 18-0,” Mayfield said. “It was more of a mugging style. A little more Hank Armstrong … I still need to keep that bull in me. I think in my last fight I boxed too much.

“Well, it’s back to the bull now.”

The 140-pound contender nicknamed “The Hard Hitta” sat down with BoxingScene.com and discussed the Balasi fight -- as well as how Russian brawler du jour Ruslan Provodnikov is his ultimate target to attaining relevance in the sport. [Click Here To Read More]

WAR Mayfield!!!

Comment

Working...
    X