Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Algieri: I'm Going With Experience, Hopkins Beats Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Algieri: I'm Going With Experience, Hopkins Beats Kovalev

WBO junior welterweight champion Chris Algieri, who challenges Manny Pacquiao for the WBO's 147-pound title on November 22nd in Macau, gave his breakdown on tonight's eagerly anticipated WBA/WBO/IBF light heavyweight unification between Bernard Hopkins and Sergey Kovalev. The HBO televised main event takes place at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Algieri is siding with the 49-old-veteran, believing his skills and experience will overcome the much younger puncher from Russia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Umm apart from the typos, I think I understand what Algieri said. I think he makes a good point about the fact that Hopkins does a lot in the ring when he's not punching...

But Algieri doesn't factor in the age and his ability to take and get away from punches... and Hopkins ability to do all those things and punch enough to win rounds at his age...

Comment

Well, so much for Algieri having two brain cells to rub together. If his thesis is correct then that means that he, Chris Algieri, has absolutely no chance against Manny Pacquiao. Back to the drawing board, Chris.

Comment

im going with hopkins also

i take it back, kovalev by decision or hopkins retires in the 9th
        Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-08-2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I'm going with Hopkins also

Comment

The irony.....

Comment

The OLD mongoose had the Rock in trouble but watch the fight.

Kovalev is fast, good foot work stays on the outside with lazer punches that dibilatate his foe.

Hop is OLD but now that is NO EXCUSE. Pressure from the young guy will get to the OLD MAN and the bombs will land.

I actually believe that HOP won't make it past 4. I will gladly eat my words if HOP wins.

I JUST CAN'T SEE IT !!! I can't see Hop taking punches and some where he will be hit and when he is that Old man time will come into effect. I just hope its merciful and quick , not a beating where HOP can't tell you the Months of the year in order after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Daddy View Post
                Well, so much for Algieri having two brain cells to rub together. If his thesis is correct then that means that he, Chris Algieri, has absolutely no chance against Manny Pacquiao. Back to the drawing board, Chris.
                My sentiments exactly ! Pac will show the experience. Chris is too slow compared to Bradley. Ruslan much to my chagrin followed Chris looking for that big shot, and when you compare Pacs last fight and Chris's last fight, Pac will take the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  The irony.....
                  this. manny's experience should be enough to beat him up then

Comment

I see a lot of folks comparing Pacman to B-Hop. Terrible comparison. B-Hop's ring smarts are far superior to Pacman's. Pacman's gifts were explosive speed and power. That's about it. And they have diminished drastically in the last few years. B-Hop has come to rely on ring smarts usually being the slower and less physically gifted fighter in the ring. Entirely different ballparks here people.

With that said, as much as i'm a fan of Hop, I don't see how he'll beat Kovalev. That dude is a monster.

Comment

Working...
                    X