No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez-Kell Brook Eyed By Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez-Kell Brook Eyed By Eddie Hearn

Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport is looking to stage a “super fight” between IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook and Mexican Legend Juan Manuel Marquez in the Spring of 2015 in Britain.

Brook, 33-0 (22 KOs), captured the title in August with a majority decision (116-112, 117-11, 114-114) over the then-unbeaten, Shaun Porter at the StubHub Center, Carson, California. The Sheffield native has been out of the ring since an unprovoked machete attack left him requiring 32 staples in his leg. Brook is about to begin light training after a lengthy rehabilitation process and is targeting a return to action in the first quarter of next year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight, and people sware up and down that Brook needs Khan.

Comment

Good fight, make it happen!

Comment

GREAT FIGHT! Marquez takes him to school!

Comment

If they can't make Khan then this fight makes perfect sense.

Comment

Great great fight

Comment

Jmm cashing out he know he got no shot

Comment

Great fight and glad Marquez giving all these young real up and comers the chance. He not taking for sure wins fights.

Alvardo,Bradley,Brook

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
                Jmm cashing out he know he got no shot
                That just idiotic, if he wanted to cash out their are bigger cash option out there for him then a brook fight.

Comment

Danm that's right! Gonna be a challenge for both fighters. Good fight for sure

Comment

Why would JMM duck Khan so many times but want to fight Brook? What am I missing? JMM usually matches himself pretty carefully, so what is it about Brook that has him so interested? He must think he is vulnerable to his style, but I dont see it so obviously.

I can see why he wouldn't want to fight someone like Khan, but I don't see him having success with Brook either. Brook isn't a great boxer, but he's still fairly sharp, and very strong so he should be good enough to see off JMM.

We've seen JMM embarrassed by fighters who don't fight on the front foot, which is why he rarely fights them. And I guess Brook doesn't really move his head, and is mostly a come forward guy, but he can box enough to just stay away from the counter.
                    Last edited by Heavyfist; 11-05-2014, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X