Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rubio's Promoter Disgusted With His Golovkin Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rubio's Promoter Disgusted With His Golovkin Performance

Promoter Reginaldo Kuchle returned to Juarez, but before doing so he expressed his feelings about Marco Antonio Rubio's knockout loss to Gennady Golovkin in their recent middleweight unification in Carson, California.

Rubio was caught in the second round and went down for the count. When Rubio went down, most observers felt his senses were in order as he allowed the referee to count him out. Rubio complained afterwards, stating the referee gave him a fast count. Rubio also confirmed his senses were in order and the punch that caught him was not that hard. Golovkin himself was surprised Rubio was counted out by the punch that clipped him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

damn, that's cold man.

Comment

Good, because it was TRULY pathetic. I have no respect for Rubio... Whining and crying for a title shot, gets the opportunity and come fight night, the man looks like he doesn't want to fight. Not to mention the fact that he got to training camp fat as hell, and didn't make weight.

His annoying ass smile makes it worse.

I was looking forward to hearing Garcia's take on the fight but I haven't seen a SINGLE interview of him talking about the fight. Not even a Seckbach video... I am positive he was disgusted as **** and out of respect for Rubio (since he is a very nice guy) decided to keep quiet.

Comment

That's rough. But that performance was embarrassing. No Bueno rubio. But rubio is the same guy who got knocked out on hbo ppv in 53 seconds a couple years back

Comment

The count was quick but it seems fighters would learn their lesson by now about leaving things in the hands of the ref (and judges alike). If you can get back up then get back up before the ref has a chance to goof up.

Comment

It was a crap display by Rubio but these words by a so called promoter are pathetic. I'm sure Rubio is truly hurt by no longer being part of such an upstanding promotion.

Comment

The promotor wasn't up in the ring taking the punches. He has no right to say this about the guy who was.
              How the hell does he know what Rubio felt like after getting hit in the head by Golovkin?
              If he was only pretending to be hurt then why would he say afterwards that the punch wasn't hard and he hadn't been stunned by it?
              The only way that would sense is if Rubio didn't really know what had happened
              to him because he'd just been KTFO.

Comment

Rugio layed down like a carpet . Atleast the promoter didn't sugar coat it.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
                  That's rough. But that performance was embarrassing. No Bueno rubio. But rubio is the same guy who got knocked out on hbo ppv in 53 seconds a couple years back
                  LOL that was over 10 years ago

Comment

It's a case of someone's reputation beating a man, I remember how Tyson use to KO a man before he has even landed his strongest punches back in the days.

Comment

Working...
                    X