Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alex Leapai: I Can't Wait To Rip Malik Scott's Head Off!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alex Leapai: I Can't Wait To Rip Malik Scott's Head Off!

At last, Alex Leapai gets a chance to exorcise the demons of his humbling loss to all-conquering world heavyweight boxing champion Wladimir Klitschko.

To do that he must silence cigar smoking, Dennis Rodman-lookalike Malik Scott in their bout in Logan, south of Brisbane, on Friday night.

Leapai's trainer Noel Thornberry has warned that his future career hinges on the result and he can't afford to taste defeat in front of his home crowd.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Leapai should be targeting Commonwealth champion Lucas Browne!

Comment

Scott winks, then falls to the canvas.

Comment

What a mismatch. Malik Scott is a good skilled fighter who was unlucky to get a draw with Glazkov. Leapai belongs waaaay below this level.

He landed 10 punches against Klitschko in 5 rounds. 10 punches landed. Yea.

Comment

scott gotta lot of nerve to even show his face

Comment

Hmm, tough choice. The guy who has half a round of stamina, or the guy who dives?

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
              What a mismatch. Malik Scott is a good skilled fighter who was unlucky to get a draw with Glazkov. Leapai belongs waaaay below this level.

As mediocre as Leapai is, I don't know if Scott has the pop to keep Leapai off him...

I think this is a pretty evenly matched fight. After Scott's dismal performance, and effort against Wilder... And after seeing Chizzy, who, to be fair, is more technically skilled insider fighter than Leapai, find his way inside and stop him, makes me think his confidence, and courage are shot to pieces...

He did box really well against Glazkov, though, and I thouht he deserved to win that fight... But he's looked completely ****e since then.

50/50 fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJoeJoee View Post
                As mediocre as Leapai is, I don't know if Scott has the pop to keep Leapai off him...

I think this is a pretty evenly matched fight. After Scott's dismal performance, and effort against Wilder... And after seeing Chizzy, who, to be fair, is more technically skilled insider fighter than Leapai, find his way inside and stop him, makes me think his confidence, and courage are shot to pieces...

He did box really well against Glazkov, though, and I thouht he deserved to win that fight... But he's looked completely ****e since then.

50/50 fight IMO.
                Scott doesn't need to keep Leapai off. He's plenty quick enough to dance around a guy who is WAY too slow to keep up.

Only question is whether Scott actually wants to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post

You think it's that much a mismatch? I don't. Malik Scott didn't much against Chisora and ended up getting caught with a big punch and counted out. Against Glazkov it was evident that he had the reach, skill and fire power to do damage but he was content with playing defense and being passive.

I think Leapai wins. He's a strong scrappy fighter with a lot of determination and grit. His fight against Klitschko was not indicative of his ability - Klitschko is really good at fighting shorter smaller opponents and he's the best of his era so there's no shame in losing how he did.

Leapai by late round TKO

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                    scott gotta lot of nerve to even show his face
                    Maybe he'll have that bag over his head again till he gets in the ring.

But I think that if he's motivated and fit -which he definitely wasn't against Wilder - he'll be too fast and skillful for Leapai and will win this on points.

Comment

Working...
                    X