No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Questions Rubio Knockout Ending

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones Jr. Questions Rubio Knockout Ending

Former four division world champion and HBO expert analyst Roy Jones Jr. has his doubts about Marco Antonio Rubio's desire to continue in Saturday's second round knockout loss to WBA/IBO/WBC interim-champion Gennady Golovkin.

After taking a shot to the top of the head, Rubio went down in the second. Although Rubio appeared to have his senses in order, he failed to beat the count of ten. Afterwards, Rubio confirmed that he wasn't seriously hurt from the punch and aggressively complained that referee Jack Reiss prematurely stopped the fight with a fast count.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Nobody questioned Tarver's KO of Roy Jones in that remtach...

Comment

Roy didn't say anything about GGG's last KO, even more fantastic, landing second, not counter, second; and the guy crumbled. There are a lot of good fakers out there, or this guy is real.

Comment

Bottom Line

The bottom line is.. If you're a smart boxer, let alone "experienced" as he Rubio claims he is.. He should know that when you are down.. getting back up to beat the time is one of the most essential things you can do in the ring.

Comment

Roy dosen't really wan to come out and say it but I was pretty clear to me and everyone watching that once Rubio felt his power he realized he couldn't compete and just stayed down for the count getting up just in time to make it look like a fast count when it was nothing of the sort.he didn't really want to fight.

Comment

Oh God here we go

Comment

Rubio is a ridiculous fighter, and i can aleady see him going to 168 and getging ranked number one after two fights then saying how against golovkin he was weak and now he has improved, we will watch him get a shot at the title and then look awful again and not even try, just talk his way to another title shot

Comment

He could have gone on.

However, he felt the power in that uppercut and decided he didn't want it. He stayed down, flat on his back, long enough to get counted out but also got up right at the end to make it look like he wanted to continue...it was an attempt to get out of the fight without looking like he quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscles72 View Post
                  Roy dosen't really wan to come out and say it but I was pretty clear to me and everyone watching that once Rubio felt his power he realized he couldn't compete and just stayed down for the count getting up just in time to make it look like a fast count when it was nothing of the sort.he didn't really want to fight.
                  This! No respect for Rubia! Talked about showing GGG the real Mexican style and he quit like a b1tch after getting hit a few times. Smh

Comment

Definitely not a dive, but certainly we can question Rubio's heart. I think knowing GGG'S reputation and after feeling his power and dropped, Rubio questioned himself on if he wanted to continue or not and if it was worth it. By the time he decided to get up, it was too late.

Comment

Working...
                    X