Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Can Marco Huck Make Waves at Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Can Marco Huck Make Waves at Heavyweight?

Over the course of the past 10 years Marco “Captain” Huck, 38-2-1 (26), has more often than not proven to be value for money. He has always come to fight and is very rarely in a dull contest, even more refreshingly Huck has also been a very active fighter.

Consequently, a few questions are starting to linger—have the wars over the past few years finally caught up with the German based Serbian Cruiserweight or will his plans to move up to Heavyweight prove to be the shot in the arm his career needs?

Few will disagree that Huck has been good to watch but gradually there does seem to be a decline. Back in 2007 Huck was involved in fantastic tear up with then IBF champion Steve Cunningham which saw both fighters trading very heavy shots and saw Huck bleeding from his left ear by the mid-way point in the fight. [Click Here To Read More]

It is doubtful. He struggled a lot with Povetkin. But let him get a shot at Shannon Briggs, should tell us whether he can handle the big boys.

Comment

sure he can rent a speed boat like Briggs and tell the driver to make a wave easily

Comment

hell no, i saw his last fight, he did little until he got a second win around about round 10, was backpedaling whole fight,

has the generic european style, very little variety in his punches

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          sure he can rent a speed boat like Briggs and tell the driver to make a wave easily
          Captain Huck can drive a speed boat himself. He should buy a bigger boat, get Bosun Briggs on board and they can make waves pursuing Wlad together.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
            It is doubtful. He struggled a lot with Povetkin. But let him get a shot at Shannon Briggs, should tell us whether he can handle the big boys.
            He beat Povetkin in many peoples eyes

So many in fact, that Povetkin fans often brush that fight under the carpet

Comment

Yeah I think Huck did just enough to win that fight.

I agree with the author he had an excellent performance against Arslan in the rematch then looked crap in his last fight, the worst I've seen him.

Comment

Huck gets allot of unwarranted grief on here, but personally I think he should stick to Cruiser, he's not a Heavyweight.

Manufacturing muscle to make it over 200lbs doesnt help against guys who are just naturally bigger and stronger.

If he does go for it, credit to him, he will be massively outweighed and possibly overpowered.

Comment

Seeing as he already beat the #2 HW at the time, I think so. A motivated Huck is one of the most dangerous fighters in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Seeing as he already beat the #2 HW at the time, I think so. A motivated Huck is one of the most dangerous fighters in the sport.
                    Im not sure about huck. he did great against povetkin but povetkin looked to be in such poor shape that night. he is fun to watch tho so it could be interesting

Comment

Working...
                    X