No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: K9 Bundrage Becomes Oldest Champ at 154 - in History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: K9 Bundrage Becomes Oldest Champ at 154 - in History

Over the weekend, Cornelius Bundrage became the oldest man to ever win a world title at junior middleweight when he outpointed Carlos Molina to regain the IBF title.

Bundrage started fast by dropping Molina in the opener and again in the 10th frame to cap a fine performance, winning 117-110, 117-109 and 117-106. The victory saw the Detroit-born native easily break Verno Phillips previous record.

[Click Here To Read More]

I see a fight with Floyd in the making!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      I see a fight with Floyd in the making!
      Battle for the king of Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
        Battle for the king of Michigan.
        I didnt think about that!

Comment

As I said in another thread....that IBF belt hasn't had a well respected champ since Winky Wright

Comment

If Canelo is still comfortable making 154. The red head should take that belt off of K9.

Comment

Congratulations K9 Bundrage. Dominating one of the toughest outs in boxing in enemy territory.

Comment

The two champs outside of Floyd at 154 are Andrade and K9, neither are "household" names so neither will attract any of the big names. I say fight each other, unify titles, THEN you can't be ignored anymore and the big names will be forced to come fight

Comment

Whatever happens in his next fight, when he's an old man he can still look back on this performance and smile. That's the definition of winning right there.

Comment

I caught the fight over the weekend, never seen Molina struggle like that - he had no answer for K9 - I remember rwading a interview with Chad Dawson a couple of years back and he was saying he was sparring with K9 and that he was the strongest fighter he's ever gotten in the ring with - a 175pounder giving props to a 154pounder and watching the fight you can see that he was just too strong for Molina, but it brings me vack to the Molona vs Kirkland fight where he had Kirkland under control untill he got disqualified - I just knew he was gonna beat k9, this is why we watch the fights....

Comment

Working...
                    X