No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermain Taylor's Trainer Says Boxer in Prime Form

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermain Taylor's Trainer Says Boxer in Prime Form

Almost seven-years to the day Jermain Taylor lost his middleweight titles to Kelly Pavlik, he won back the IBF crown on Wednesday by outpointing Sam Soliman.

Taylor now 36, won by scores 116-109, 116-111 and 115-109.

Taylor’s trainer Pat Burns said of the fight: “I wanted Jermain to maintain his composure and try to catch Sam when he was coming in. In the end it turned out to be great.”

Soliman was down four times during the fight and clearly hurt his leg making it almost impossible for him to fight successfully with.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well we saw the fight and that is no way a prime Taylor. He wont hold that belt for long and Solimans injury played a crucial roll in Taylors victory.

Comment

this trainer should be telling his fighter to retire

Ignorant, irresponsible, selfish assessment on his part.

Comment

He couldn't even force a stoppage of a one-legged fighter falling over every time he got touched. Taylor is done, and it's a disgrace that he's going to get brutally stopped again by whoever the **** is lucky enough to get that title shot.

Comment

You fckn liar.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            He couldn't even force a stoppage of a one-legged fighter falling over every time he got touched. Taylor is done, and it's a disgrace that he's going to get brutally stopped again by whoever the **** is lucky enough to get that title shot.
            Hopefully..hopefully Jermain was carrying him.

Taylor seemed to really like and respect the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
              Hopefully..hopefully Jermain was carrying him.

Taylor seemed to really like and respect the guy.
              I wish that was true. Unfortunately it didn't look that way. And Burns telling Taylor that he looks like hes in his prime, is going to get him knocked out real quick. I remember watching a prime Taylor and that wasn't him in the ring against Solomon.

Comment

This is just sad coming from a trainer that was like a father to Taylor, I don't even need to start writing how much Taylor is done at the moment.

Comment

The worst thing that ever happened to Taylor is Soliman's injury.

The next competitive fight he will get crushed

Comment

I saw flashes of the old taylor, but he is definately not the taylor from 05-07 thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X