No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck Returns To Action, October 17 in Maribor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jan Zaveck Returns To Action, October 17 in Maribor

Former IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck (33-3-1) is ready to resume his career and take on Hungarian Ferenc Hafner (23-5) October 17 in Maribor (Slovenija) with the vacant WBO European title at stake. Training is going very well, says Zaveck, who has been out of the ring since October of last year mainly due to injuries. Hafner was last seen winning the WBFed Intīl title at super welterweight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lollollol this guy is a bum! Thurman and berto wrecked this guy with relative ease...

Comment

Slovenia, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
        Lollollol this guy is a bum! Thurman and berto wrecked this guy with relative ease...
        It was pretty much even when Zaveck was in the Berto fight and he was stopped on cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          It was pretty much even when Zaveck was in the Berto fight and he was stopped on cuts.
          Well I too enjoy making assumptions about fights I haven't seen. Boxrec is awesome when I want to talk about fights like I've seen them

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
            He went the distance with Keith Thurman. Not too many guys can say that've done that. Against Berto, he was looking good until his corner stopped the fight prematurely.

Zaveck is a solid durable WW as any. I'd like to see him rematch Berto

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              Well I too enjoy making assumptions about fights I haven't seen. Boxrec is awesome when I want to talk about fights like I've seen them
              Well I saw the Berto fight on live TV. If you're saying drenlou is daft, that would be pretty much spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                He went the distance with Keith Thurman. Not too many guys can say that've done that. Against Berto, he was looking good until his corner stopped the fight prematurely. Zaveck is a solid durable WW as any. I'd like to see him rematch Berto
                Definitely, it would be a great rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Well I saw the Berto fight on live TV. If you're saying drenlou is daft, that would be pretty much spot on.
                  Yes, and I kind of wanted to see him fight Spence, although it may be soon

Comment

Zaveck is a tough customer and has only lost to Berto and Thurman; he was robbed against Jackiewiscz in their first fight. He can hang with most any 147 fighter; i'd love to see him get Ortiz or Berto again.

Comment

Working...
                    X