No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Admits He Held Back During Arce Beating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gonzalez Admits He Held Back During Arce Beating

WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez was a huge favorite going into Saturday's fight against former multi-division champion Jorge Arce. The fight, which took place in Arce's hometown of Los Mochis, was a one-sided beating by Gonzalez. Following the match, Arce once again announced his retirement from the sport.

After unleashing hard punches, scoring knockdowns, and watching the damage incease on Arce's face - Gonzalez took his foot off the gas and began to feel bad. The referee had finally seen enough in the eleventh round and stopped the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It was very evident.

Comment

This fight shouldnt of even been made. Arce has been shot for a while.

Comment

Just bump your fists together and Gonzalez will back off. That fight was weird as fuck, I also found it weird how every time they were in the clinches Gonzalez would pat Arce on the back as if to say "Hey, lets separate now".

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
          It was very evident.
          Yes. I believe Gonzales knew that he could finish the fight at any moment he decides to let his hand go. Jhonny was considerate and even respecting Arce knowing his family, friends and home town fans were there to celebrate Jorge in his farewell fight and because of that he tried to make it as less painful as possible for them.

Comment

It definitely appeared that way, this is usually what happens when friends fight, especially when it's two vets and one is outmatched. See the Jermaine Taylor-Jeff Lacy fight as an example. My thinking is this though, isn't it better to just bomb out the other guy early instead of giving them a prolonged beating over 12 rounds?

Comment

Arce dissapointed last night, he should retire now for good.

Comment

That fight was tough to watch. Arce had nothing for him. It was somewhat of a beating, he went down multiple times and spit out his mouthpiece a lot to get a breather. Glad the ref showed mercy.

Comment

they should have used a smaller ring

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
                    It was very evident.
                    Yep. I think Jhonny has alot of respect for Arce so he let him hang around

Hopefully he made a nice payday

Comment

Working...
                    X