No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Arce: I'm Leaving Boxing With My Head Held High

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jorge Arce: I'm Leaving Boxing With My Head Held High

Former four division world champion Jorge Arce (64-8-2, 49KOs), 35-years-old, is retiring from boxing and says this time it's for good. He retired in 2012 after suffering a knockout loss to Nonito Donaire but returned last year with a brand new campaign to captured another world title.

On Saturday night, in his hometown of Los Mochis in Mexico, Arce got his chance and he was stopped in eleven rounds by WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez. Arce lasted much longer than anticipated but he took punishment, went down several times and eventually the referee stopped the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

anybody catch this one? definitely an action fight on paper, given the poor chins / defense, and punching power. no surprise that gonzalez, one of the hardest FW punchers you will ever see, got the nod. that dude hits like a freaking welterweight.

Comment

Fight sucked Arce ran all night, he was on survival from the 1st rd

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        anybody catch this one? definitely an action fight on paper, given the poor chins / defense, and punching power. no surprise that gonzalez, one of the hardest FW punchers you will ever see, got the nod. that dude hits like a freaking welterweight.
        It was a great fight, someone here said it sucked, he's wrong.

Jhonny boxed beautifully all night long and Arce looked hesitant to get in. Still that didnt stopped Jhonny to pressure the fight and make it exciting. He demolished Arce and knocked him down 3 times. Arce did said afterwards that Jhonny punches like a motherfcker. I loved the fight cause of how well Jhonny looked and how much he improved.

Comment

arce should have stayed retired after the donaire fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
            It was a great fight, someone here said it sucked, he's wrong.

Jhonny boxed beautifully all night long and Arce looked hesitant to get in. Still that didnt stopped Jhonny to pressure the fight and make it exciting. He demolished Arce and knocked him down 3 times. Arce did said afterwards that Jhonny punches like a motherfcker. I loved the fight cause of how well Jhonny looked and how much he improved.
            No, it was just a bad fight. Arce did not belong in there

Comment

I was rooting hard for Arce. There was a lot of buzz going into this fight but it turned out to be a disappointment; (unbelievably) thanks to Arce.

He was VERY serious about willing to die in the ring and whatnot, just to complain about a damn shoulder lol. DUDE, a shoulder doesn't / shouldn't get in the way of your effort when you are supposedly willing to die. So disappointed. He didn't even risk! I mean, you'd expect a lot of a ball to the wall guy, specially in a fight of this magnitude with him going out of his way to let it be clear he was putting his life on the line.

I still respect him as a person and as fighter for everything he has done in the sport. Quality guy... Thanks for the memories, Travieso. Much respect! Enjoy retirement (for real now).

Comment

Stay retired this time will you? I dont feel like watching Arce end up brain dead on national tv especially when we all knew it was coming. It would be a very unnecessary tragedy.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                  Fight sucked Arce ran all night, he was on survival from the 1st rd
                  He had no business even being in there with the champion at FW. He's washed up! Should be happy that he still has a head to hold up.

Comment

Arce will be back within 2 years fighting in Mexico vs cab drivers

Comment

Working...
                    X