Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo-Chavez Possible at 160 or 162-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo-Chavez Possible at 160 or 162-Pounds

Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya is stoked about Saul "Canelo" Alvarez's return to HBO - opening the door for future fights against Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Cotto and his Mexican rival, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Canelo and Chavez Jr. and two weight divisions apart. Previously De La Hoya mentioned a weight limit of 159-pounds, but now he's gone up a few pounds. Chavez, currently having issues with his promoter Top Rank, fights at 168-pounds but claims he's capable of dropping down for the right fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

164-165 is reasonable

Comment

162 would be the ideal weight in my opinion to see how dedicated jcc jr is..he should shed 6 pounds easily with the right diet and disipline.

Comment

I think 162 would be reasonable, I hope they finally make the fight happen soon.

Comment

I think 162 would be a good catch weight. This fight could be an absolute war.

Comment

Can Chavez be strong at that weight? That's the question.

Comment

Chavez Jr. can't even make 168 lbs. anymore, what makes you think he can drop to 162?

Comment

DLH is trying,when rumors started months ago it
                was @ '58...2 much effort, lost strenvth 4 Jr 2 even try...Pac 2 small, as is Cotto...why no GGG???

Comment

No way JCC Jr makes 162

Comment

This is soooo not happening.
                    Plus, if he wants to fight the best, he should face Golovkin

Comment

Working...
                    X