No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Says Clottey is Durable Foe For Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Says Clottey is Durable Foe For Canelo

Promoter Oscar De La Hoya says former champion Joshua Clottey is a durable opponent for the December return of Mexican super Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. Clottey is under high consideration for the fight. De La Hoya was impressed with Clottey's victory earlier this year, when he traveled over to Australia and beat up former three division world champion Antonio Mundine for a lopsided decision.

[Click Here To Read More]

Aka punching bag

Comment

WAR CLOTTEY!!! He's gonna box Canelo's ears off!

Clottey UD, 8 rounds to 4, maybe even 9-3.

Comment

Bull doo doo. This guy does'nt punch,won't punch,and probably will get paid off.

Comment

How about Clottey vs Cotto 2 for Cotto to ensure a dominant concinving victory, and then Kirkland vs Canelo. Both Cotto and Canelo win their bouts, they fight each other. I think it's fair, neither Clottey nor Kirkland are easy fights yet both Cotto and Canelo earn their fights with each other, hyping up the fight bigger.

Comment

Clottley Is too slick for Canelo

Comment

Clottey is a durable foe,, not much of a threat but he has a name, and is a good stay busy opponent for canelo after taking on 4 straight major fights and looking at cotto in the future..
              I don't mind this on regular tv, as long as this doesn't become a habit for canelo.. But I don't mind if his yearly schedule is 2 major fights and 1 soft touch..

Comment

Bad choice for Canelo, Clottey can bang, box and can't be knocked out! Clottey gave Anthony Mundine an absolute hiding in Australia recently. His recent period of inactivity has rejuvenated his career, could be a long night for Canelo.
                Last edited by robbyheartbaby; 09-28-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHNESS View Post
                  How about Clottey vs Cotto 2 for Cotto to ensure a dominant concinving victory, and then Kirkland vs Canelo. Both Cotto and Canelo win their bouts, they fight each other. I think it's fair, neither Clottey nor Kirkland are easy fights yet both Cotto and Canelo earn their fights with each other, hyping up the fight bigger.
                  That would be an ideal situation and great for the sport, but unfortunately boxing doesn't work that way

Comment

If clottey brings his jab to the fight, he could really test canelo.. I still think canelo wins but clottey will be very competitive with a good active jab

Comment

Working...
                    X