No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Still on Course For December Fight on SHO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Still on Course For December Fight on SHO

Amir Khan is looking to fight Dec. 6 in either Las Vegas or Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, a source with knowledge of the situation informed BoxingScene.com on Saturday.

Showtime Sports executive vice president Stephen Espinoza confirmed via email that Khan was “penciled in for December,” but the exact date is still to be determined.

The 27-year-old Khan (29-3, 19 KOs), a former unified junior welterweight world titleholder, has since moved up to welterweight. In May, the British star turned in a dominant performance against former 147-pound beltholder Luis Collazo, flooring the New Yorker three times and winning by double-digit margins on all three cards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'd say Khan should target Brook for May, fight Lopez in December and if he wins both then it'd make sense for Floyd. For now he should just try to elevate himself in the WW division by winning the two aforementioned fights, which bring him a title and of course he already is a name.

Comment

Lopez is supposed to fight spence. If khan doesn't fight ghost Thurman or Alexander then no care

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Lopez is supposed to fight spence. If khan doesn't fight ghost Thurman or Alexander then no care
        I'm pretty sure it will be one of them (well not Thurman of course ha), there isn't that many other options.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
          I'd say Khan should target Brook for May, fight Lopez in December and if he wins both then it'd make sense for Floyd. For now he should just try to elevate himself in the WW division by winning the two aforementioned fights, which bring him a title and of course he already is a name.
          maybe, but apparently lopez is fighting spence jr on dec 6

Comment

I don't care what anybody says, Khan is straight up ducking Brook. I mean when you fight a lesser opponent instead of the guy the people would rather see you fight...you're ducking (See Mayweather fighting The Ghost, Victor Ortiz, Marquez, Maidana, etc. instead of fighting Pacquiao). I mean Khan said he wouldn't fight Brook and instead went on to fight Collazo? What a joke...

Khan fight Brook at Wembley and stop ducking the fight you coward...
            Last edited by MisanthropicNY; 09-27-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Is Salka available for Dec?

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                I don't care what anybody says, Khan is straight up ducking Brook. I mean when you fight a lesser opponent instead of the guy the people would rather see you fight...you're ducking (See Mayweather fighting The Ghost, Victor Ortiz, Marquez, Maidana, etc. instead of fighting Pacquiao). I mean Khan said he wouldn't fight Brook and instead went on to fight Collazo? What a joke...

Khan fight Brook at Wembley and stop ducking the fight you coward...
                You may not care but atleast use your brain. Nobody wanted to see this fight actually. All Brook did for 10 years was fight bums after bums, then calling out Khan who only just recently moved up to 147. But now that Brook has won a world title it makes sense to make the fight down the line. Floyd only has 2 fights remaining and if Khan is chosen he will take it in May. Brook will always be there, the Mayweather window is small and it makes sense for him to take it in May as he can't fight in september, so its May or never. Brook can't find in Dec either he got stabbed remember.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

Wouldn't mind this fight at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X