No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thabiso Mchunu Drops 54% of His Power on Wilson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Thabiso Mchunu Drops 54% of His Power on Wilson

Top cruiserweight contender Thabiso McHunu used combination punching, lateral movement and enough pop to control the gutsy Garrett Wilson over twelve rounds to win a unanimous decision in their NBC Sports headline fight. McHunu landed 54% of his power shots (non-jabs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Was this fight any good? I've seen Mchunu a couple times but his style seemed a little boring to me

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Was this fight any good? I've seen Mchunu a couple times but his style seemed a little boring to me
      It was decent.

Mchunu has some pretty fast hands.

And Wilson has a freaking beard.

Towards the later rounds it got kind of sloppy, ugly because of a lot of holding by Mchunu, I think he even got a point deducted.

But it was a nice surprise last weekend for the card to come on when it did. Had no clue it was on.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Mchunu's a very defensive orientated fighter, and for the weight he's pretty quick when he chooses to open up in the unpredictable flurries which tend to win him rounds.

How should I put it? - To me he does enough good work and shows enough aggression to not seem dull and is defensively probably about the most competent cruiser out there, but I can see how he wouldn't be to everyones taste. For a Cruiser he's fast and slippery and looks good for one of the big guys. I do actually look forward to his fights, though I usually tend to favour aggressive over defensive styles.

The fight that really needs to happen is Mchunu vs murderous puncher Makabu (the guy who finally stopped Glen Johnson) who is 17(16) - 1(1) (his debut) - 0 and has also been climbing steadily up the 200lb rankings.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-22-2014, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Mchunu reminds me a lot of Floyd, with his shoulder roll and style.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Mchunu's a very defensive orientated fighter, and for the weight he's pretty quick when he chooses to open up in the unpredictable flurries which tend to win him rounds.

How should I put it? - To me he does enough good work and shows enough aggression to not seem dull and is defensively probably about the most competent cruiser out there, but I can see how he wouldn't be to everyones taste. For a Cruiser he's fast and slippery and looks good for one of the big guys. I do actual look forward to his fights, though I usually tend to favour aggressive over defensive styles.

The fight that really needs to happen is Mchunu vs murderous puncher Makabu (the guy who finally stopped Glen Johnson) who is 17(16) - 1(1) (his debut) - 0 and has also been climbing steadily up the 200lb rankings.
            Or one of them against the impressive cuban puncher Yunier Dorticos!

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

How should I put it? - To me he does enough good work and shows enough aggression to not seem dull and is defensively probably about the most competent cruiser out there, but I can see how he wouldn't be to everyones taste. For a Cruiser he's fast and slippery and looks good for one of the big guys. I do actually look forward to his fights, though I usually tend to favour aggressive over defensive styles.

Makabu isn't signed to anybody... Main Events should look into it

Comment

Working...
              X