No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cuadras-Jaro Date in Doubt After Champ Suffers Cut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cuadras-Jaro Date in Doubt After Champ Suffers Cut

Former world flyweight champion Sonny Boy Jaro’s once postponed title shot against WBC super flyweight champion Carlos “Principe” Cuadras may have to be postponed once again after Cuadras suffered a nasty cut in his title defense against fellow Mexican Jose Salgado in Sinaloa, Mexico on Saturday.

Boxing Scene reported that Cuadras suffered a cut running under his left eye and across the bridge of his nose, caused by a head-butt which forced a sudden ending.

As a result Cuadras retained his WBC title in a fourth round technical draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

2 bouts in a row CC has suffered severe cuts 2 the same eye...he'll b lucky if the Jaro fight happens b4 years end...U know Jaro 's going after that eye, crazy if he does not...

Comment

glad this reporting error corrected, let's verify the source b4 posting...so mayb by EOY, maybe, then Concepcion in April, if no cuts...

Comment

I love how active Cuadras is trying to keep himself but something needs to be done about his constant clash of heads. He can box well, shows good movement and can take a punch as well as dish them out but those constant cuts will do him no favor in the long run.

The fight with Salgado was turning out to be a hotly contested fight in which Cuadras began to get the upper hand from the 3rd until it was stopped. He was stringing together thudding combinations that were rocking the contender back and forth. I'm glad Cuadras addressed the fight after the decision was announced and said there is business with Salgado he will like to settle on a future date. He said Salgado deserves it and it wasn't the way he wanted to retain his belt, especially in front of his home crowd.

I am very proud of seeing a young champion such as Cuadras doing his best to give the fans a nice spectacle. His determination to remain active is rare to see in a champion in this current day and age as well. Hope his cut heals and altough I'm not crazy about his defense against Jaro, I will still enjoy the fight and know there are bigger names to come as long as Cuadras remains with the hunger he has been showing. I'm glad he left the path of vices and personal demons and is back on track with his career, it would have been a great waste of talent otherwise.

Comment

Working...
        X