No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton: I Intend To Keep This Belt For a Long Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton: I Intend To Keep This Belt For a Long Time

Carl Frampton (19-0, 13 KOs) is the new IBF super-bantamweight champion of the world after defeating Kiko Martinez (31-5, 23 KOs) in Belfast last night. ‘The Jackal’ had already knocked out Martinez when the pair met last year but he settled for dishing out a comprehensive boxing lesson this time round, dropping Kiko en route to a dominating points’ verdict. 16,000 fans packed in to a specially-made venue at the Titanic Quarter and each and every one roared their man to victory.

[Click Here To Read More]

Great win and impressive fashion. I love the fact that he could have easily cruised to a UD without having to risk getting hit much but decided to give a show on the 12th round. That's how you win the championship round, decisively and skilfully. If he gets Avalos followed by Quigg, then topped off with an LSC or Mares clash, he would be forging a serious legacy. Kid is going far. The growth and maturity he displayed last night as opposed to the first was considerable. Let's go Frampton, defend the belt with honor and skill.

Comment

so he won't be fighting rigo then

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        Nope. He has said it many times over, he won't fight Rigo until he unifies. That way the winner of their fight would be the true champion at the weight. He respects Rigo and acknowledges the fact that he is not ready for him yet and has a few hills to climb before reaching his level.

In before folks claim Frampton is ducking, even if Frampton has stated his plans numerous times.

Comment

Frampton is ducking Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            Originally posted by jas View Post
            Frampton is ducking Rigo.
            Bore off you two

Comment

Frampton is the 2nd best at 122 behind Rigondeaux. I'm a fan of both, would love to see that fight get made eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Frampton is the 2nd best at 122 behind Rigondeaux. I'm a fan of both, would love to see that fight get made eventually.
                No doubt. He would smack the stache off of LSC's face and swirly Quigg. I heard Mares' name swirling around too as well as Avalos being the mando. He has a great list to pick from for his first defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  Great win and impressive fashion. I love the fact that he could have easily cruised to a UD without having to risk getting hit much but decided to give a show on the 12th round. That's how you win the championship round, decisively and skilfully. If he gets Avalos followed by Quigg, then topped off with an LSC or Mares clash, he would be forging a serious legacy. Kid is going far. The growth and maturity he displayed last night as opposed to the first was considerable. Let's go Frampton, defend the belt with honor and skill.
                  His legacy will mean didily squat if he fails to make a fight with Rigo.

Unlike other fighters, there are hardly if any roadblocks in making this fight happen.

Comment

Frampton has still only had less than 20 fights. I don't think Kiko Martinez was ever truly elite and that's his best win so far. I don't see any problem with him targeting the likes of Quigg and Santa Cruz first. Quigg especially is a massive fight here.

Rigondeaux is the ultimate test but he brings dick to the table in terms of money or drawing power. Hopefully he signs with Warren and gets built into a big star in the UK so the Frampton fight can eventually happen and be worth it for both fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X