No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Golovkin-Rubio Winner in Line For Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Golovkin-Rubio Winner in Line For Cotto

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman has confirmed that Marco Antonio Rubio's WBC interim-middleweight title will be at stake when he faces on WBA/IBO champion Gennady Golovkin (30-0, 27KOs) on October 18th at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

Rubio (59-6-1, 51KOs) is the mandatory challenger to full champion Miguel Cotto (39-4, 32KOs), who captured the belt in June with ten round TKO win over Sergio Martinez. Sulaiman says the winner of Golovkin-Rubio would become the mandatory for Cotto.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't know how this is now possible, but fuuuuuuuck yes.

Even if it means Cotto vacates and heads back down, that's better than Cotto holding the thing to sell off to the highest bidder. It also explains why Golovkin went after Rubio to begin with.

Comment

Wow. This is new. So now we have unification mandatories?

Comment

BULL****. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

As much as I want the fight to happen, come on ..... this is ******. Now you're mixing and matching the freaking titles? Jesus christ... a Super title unified with an interim title... and a champion being the #1 contender to another champion.... COME ON!

All I see coming out of this is Murray finally fighting GGG because Berman is hardcore jocking the #1 WBC spot and it'll be the winner of this "unification"

Comment

They'll change their minds when Cotto/Canelo is made at 155 for the title... That or Cotto just vacates it which I could see happening as well, I just don't see him willing to face Golovkin under any circumstances. I can't say I blame him, GGG would squash him faster than Lesnar just did to Cena.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
              Wow. This is new. So now we have unification mandatories?
              About freakin time

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman has confirmed that Marco Antonio Rubio's WBC interim-middleweight title will be at stake when he faces on WBA/IBO champion Gennady Golovkin (30-0, 27KOs) on October 18th at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

Rubio (59-6-1, 51KOs) is the mandatory challenger to full champion Miguel Cotto (39-4, 32KOs), who captured the belt in June with ten round TKO win over Sergio Martinez. Sulaiman says the winner of Golovkin-Rubio would become the mandatory for Cotto.
                [Click Here To Read More]
                Last edited by Evil Abed; 08-20-2014, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  As much as I want the fight to happen, come on ..... this is ******. Now you're mixing and matching the freaking titles? Jesus christ... a Super title unified with an interim title... and a champion being the #1 contender to another champion.... COME ON!

All I see coming out of this is Murray finally fighting GGG because Berman is hardcore jocking the #1 WBC spot and it'll be the winner of this "unification"
                  I don't care how it happens or how ******ed the logic behind it is, boxing needs Golovkin to get his shot at the MW championship. However it happens, Golovkin getting that shot is a good thing.

Comment

I think they're just doing this to get Rubio off their mando back and have Cotto fight somebody other than Rubio in December. Not that he's scared or nothing, but they'd rather have a soft touch before Canelo

Comment

Working...
                    X