Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Abril, Tatli Go Face To Face at Helsinki Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Abril, Tatli Go Face To Face at Helsinki Presser

As previously reported, the world lightweight champion of the World Boxing Association (WBA), Cuba's Richar April 18-3-1 (8 KOs), will be defending his title against undefeated WBA intercontinental champion Edis Tatli 23-0 (7 KOs) in the challenger's backyard on the 20th of September at the Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland.

Both fighters participated in a packed press conference in Helsinki.

The champion has more than a year of inactivity due to management issues. In his last fight, he successfully defended his title against Sharif Bogere on March 2, 2013 in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Finally getting back in the ring. Seems like he keeps getting dates pushed back or cancelled.

Comment

Another boring Cuban. Im glad he's fighting overseas where we don't have to watch him.

Comment

I just hate Clinchers.

If you do more holding than actually using your fist, you need to gtfo of boxing, asap.

Comment

I don't know why but Abril fascinates me and I don't find him boring at all.

That schooling a Rios was incredible. His rep as a clincher is overstated. He doesn't really clinch. He has low volume as a puncher so you can call him boring for that, but he doesn't really clinch.

Comment

This guy sucks!!

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
              I just hate Clinchers.
              If you do more holding than actually using your fist, you need to gtfo of boxing, asap.
              Abril is 31 yrs old and he only has 8 KOs in 22 fights (36%) with his last TKO in 2011. He has losses vs. Prescott, Lundy and arguably vs. Rios and a draw with a 3-1-1 unknown fighter. Abril has not fought since Mar. 2013 and his most important resource is clinching/holding making his fights very boring. He has been probably the most insignificant champion in the last decade or so.

Comment

Originally posted by cabalas View Post
                Abril is 31 yrs old and he only has 8 KOs in 22 fights (36%) with his last TKO in 2011. He has losses vs. Prescott, Lundy and arguably vs. Rios and a draw with a 3-1-1 unknown fighter. Abril has not fought since Mar. 2013 and his most important resource is clinching/holding making his fights very boring. He has been probably the most insignificant champion in the last decade or so.
                What you posted here doesn't tell the whole story.

All of his losses are by Split Decision and the draw to the 3-1-1 fighter was when he himself was 5-0, so I don't know what point you're trying to make there. That, and his loss to Rios (who came in heavy) is widely known as one the most blatant robberies in recent boxing history.

He's not a KO artist but he did knock Acosta down 3 times in their fight. That's hardly the product of clinching and holding.

Comment

I, for one, was glad that he didn't get the decision against Rios, the sooner he gets out of boxing and forgotten the better.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                    I just hate Clinchers.

Best post ever!

Comment

Working...
                    X