No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: M. Hatton Thinks Brook Special Enough To Defeat Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: M. Hatton Thinks Brook Special Enough To Defeat Porter

Matthew Hatton, the younger brother of superstar Ricky Hatton, believes Kell "The Special One" Brook has enough special talent to defeat IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter on Saturday night at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. Matthew was beaten by Brook back in March 2012. Matthew was dropped in the fight and lost a wide unanimous decision as Brook did a job on him.

It's a tough job for a fighter to travel over and win on foreign soil, Matthew says Brook has all of the right attributes to pull it off.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can't wait for this fight.

Comment

Brook will be sleeping after a couple of rounds

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Matthew Hatton, the younger brother of superstar Ricky Hatton, believes Kell "The Special One" Brook has enough special talent to defeat IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter on Saturday night at the StubHub Center in Carson, California. Matthew was beaten by Brook back in March 2012. Matthew was dropped in the fight and lost a wide unanimous decision as Brook did a job on him.

It's a tough job for a fighter to travel over and win on foreign soil, Matthew says Brook has all of the right attributes to pull it off.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        It's a PR statement.

Comment

I'm not to privy on Kell Brook. He has a strong fan base . Porter has gotten very good over his last 3 fights (Diaz2 / Alexander / Malignaggi) his physique is more sculpted and just looks a lot fitter, I recently read Team Porter invited Team brook to watch Porter spar and they showed up??? that's ****y/arrogant - I watched some recent footage of brook working out and sparring as compared to the intensity Porter exhibits during his workout and sparring - I just don't see it, some one from across the pond please educate me on your guy..

Comment

He chose to sided with his fellow countryman to win it. I don't believe it. I just don't believe it. No way....

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
              I'm not to privy on Kell Brook... Porter looks a lot fitter... I watched some recent footage of brook working out and sparring... I just don't see it
              If you're talking about the recent LasVegas footage of him sparring that tall dude, they were working on something very specific, ie. not intensity. He's confident and doesn't feel the need to perform for the camera. Ingle also knows Porter under estimating Brook is a good thing ***8211;*same for the fans.

It's good that you admit not knowing much about him, because that seems true for most US fans who think this will be an easy night for Porter. It won't.

Both fighters will come into the ring in super fit condition, don't worry about that. They are well matched and it'll be a close fight. Brook doesn't appear fast but his timing and power are excellent. He lands solid, meaningful punches the same as Porter. But Porter's power comes from jumping in and putting his weight behind the shots, whereas Brook can deliver similar power (if not more) without over committing. His Euro style isn't nearly as athletic as Porter's and doesn't look as good, but that doesn't mean he's not agile and powerful where it counts. He'll test Porter more than any of the three fights you mentioned.
              Last edited by Wicky; 08-12-2014, 03:08 PM.

Comment

didnt know we're suppose to worry about what M. Hatton thinks. Lol

Comment

nothing is special about brook.

Comment

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
                    I'm not to privy on Kell Brook. He has a strong fan base . Porter has gotten very good over his last 3 fights (Diaz2 / Alexander / Malignaggi) his physique is more sculpted and just looks a lot fitter, I recently read Team Porter invited Team brook to watch Porter spar and they showed up??? that's ****y/arrogant - I watched some recent footage of brook working out and sparring as compared to the intensity Porter exhibits during his workout and sparring - I just don't see it, some one from across the pond please educate me on your guy..
                    Originally posted by Wicky View Post
                    If you're talking about the recent LasVegas footage of him sparring that tall dude, they were working on something very specific, ie. not intensity. He's confident and doesn't feel the need to perform for the camera. Ingle also knows Porter under estimating Brook is a good thing ***8211;*same for the fans.

It's good that you admit not knowing much about him, because that seems true for most US fans who think this will be an easy night for Porter. It won't.

Both fighters will come into the ring in super fit condition, don't worry about that. They are well matched and it'll be a close fight. Brook doesn't appear fast but his timing and power are excellent. He lands solid, meaningful punches the same as Porter. But Porter's power comes from jumping in and putting his weight behind the shots, whereas Brook can deliver similar power (if not more) without over committing. His Euro style isn't nearly as athletic as Porter's and doesn't look as good, but that doesn't mean he's not agile and powerful where it counts. He'll test Porter more than any of the three fights you mentioned.
                    Brook also has a great left jab, fast, accurate, and a real hurtful punch, not just a range finder. If he gets it going against Porter, it could win the fight for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X