No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia Rips WBC/WBA For Playing Dirty With Danny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia Rips WBC/WBA For Playing Dirty With Danny

Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York - Angel Garcia, father and trainer of WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, is furious with both of the sanctioning bodies that his son represents.

According to Angel, he received word from both the WBC and the WBA that Danny would have been stripped if Rod Salka pulled off the upset on Saturday night. Danny destroyed Salka in two easy rounds.

Going into the fight, Salka was an unranked contender moving up from lightweight. The sanctioning bodies refused to approve the bout as a title fight. Because of that, it was turned into a non-title catch-weight bout at 142.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Angel can bi*ch all he wants, but the truth (whether others have done it or not) is that last night's fight was disrespectful to the title "champion." Danny can instantly restore his credibility with a win over Herrera, Peterson, or Broner. Personally, I wanted to see a rematch with Herrera last night, but at this point, I'd rather see a Garcia vs. Peterson match @ 140 for the WBA/WBC/IBF unification.

Comment

Why're you mad? You guys said yes to the fight

Comment

And what happened to Salka was fair? Fightging over his limit at a Catchweight", so he had no shot at a title, none. It's called a catchweight because usually it's in between the normal weights of both fighters, not larger. Angel must have been one of those babies who threw his bottle away, because it interfered with his crying.

Comment

If you lose to a #77 ranked lightweight with just as many losses as KOs then you deserve to be stripped of all titles and banished from any top ten rankings forever! That's just common sense and not being dirty.

Comment

Those titles belong to Herrera anyways

Comment

Angel is always whining, and now he says what I gotta be Mexican to keep them? wow dude is really going off on the deep end. Salka was a supreme mismatch, it was similar to Gatti vs. Gamache, when Gatti outweighed the undersized Gamache by over 20 pounds and destroyed him and damaged him so bad he had to retire.

Salka landed his best punch on Garcia and he didnt even flinch, it was like putting a chihuahua in with a pitbull. it was painful to watch like a bully vs. a little kid. just brutal violence.

Comment

I have a problem with the headline of this story. That slanted language in the favor of Garcia shouldn't be permitted. The place for that is in editorial pieces, and this story was not one.

I know boxing is increasingly becoming a niche sport, but that doesn't excuse poor instances in its journalism. Several of those instances which I've noticed frequently in recent weeks on this site.

Comment

Al Hayman is a genius when the fighter is rich and doing well as a champ. The fighter is an ass when Hayman puts a bum in front of him

Comment

Just leave those titles and go to 147

Comment

Working...
                    X