Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salka: Never Thought I'd Be in This Spot - But Here I Am!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Salka: Never Thought I'd Be in This Spot - But Here I Am!

"Lightning" Rod Salka (19-3, 3KOs) is still in disbelief that he landed a Showtime televised main event against WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (28-0, 16KOs). The fight, taking place later tonight at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, , wll be a ten round non-title fight taking place at a catch-weight of 142-pounds.

The fight has been controversial from the start. Fans and media erupted when Salka, a unranked lightweight, was selected as the next opponent for Garcia, who is recognized as the best junior welterweight in the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yes...and that spot is marked with a sign that reads 'Cannon Fodder'.....

Comment

This card is going to get 1 million viewers....... watch lol.

Comment

I think he means he was worried his boss at the Pizza Shoppe wouldn't let him have the night off.

Comment

Even Salka knows that he shouldn't be in this position. But the fight is a 10 rounder so he won't get any titles if he win.

Salka sounds like he getting a shot a Floy or Pac

Comment

Salka should retire after this fight win or lose and stop believing his own hype. His record speaks for himself with his paltry three knockouts.

Comment

Putting aside all the smack I have talked on his name and such, I respect Salka. Sure Danny isn't a Pacquiao or Mayweather of boxing but he is(was) a very accomplished and generally respected champion at 140 not too long ago.

Win or Lose Rod seems like a genuine dude. He might not beat Danny or any other top 10 Jr. WW but he is taking on the entire media and all of it's gruesome and distasteful tongue lashings and is taking it like a man. Respect Rod. I'm genuinely rooting for him to win this thing. Flip the world upside down for a few weeks

Comment

Ya'll hating. Remember ishida/Kirkland? This is the exact same thing and will end even faster

Comment

I think I speak for 90% of the fans when I say "Can't wait to NOT SEE the fight. Going to see the Ninja Turtles Movie instead."

Comment

Nobody thought you would be in this spot ..... but thank Danny Garcia!

Comment

Working...
                    X