No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson Wanted Garcia On Saturday, Hopes He Is Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peterson Wanted Garcia On Saturday, Hopes He Is Next

Lamont Peterson agrees wholeheartedly with fight fans who much rather would watch him fight Danny Garcia on Saturday night than endure the junior welterweight champions partaking in glorified tune-up fights.

Peterson, the IBF’s 140-pound champion, emphasized on a recent conference call that he pushed to box against Garcia in what would’ve been an intriguing junior welterweight championship unification fight. The undefeated WBA/WBC junior welterweight champion opted, however, to fight a lightweight, Rod Salka (19-3, 3 KOs), in a welterweight bout that’ll headline Showtime’s tripleheader from Barclays Center (9 p.m. ET). Garcia’s curious choice left Peterson (32-2-1, 16 KOs) to settle for a title defense against overmatched New Yorker Edgar Santana (29-4, 20 KOs), another huge underdog.

[Click Here To Read More]

Tell me guys, did Hopkins-Hakkar get as much flak as Garcia-Salka? I remember Merchant being quite snarky in the post-fight interview.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      Tell me guys, did Hopkins-Hakkar get as much flak as Garcia-Salka? I remember Merchant being quite snarky in the post-fight interview.
      lets see how jim gray handles the post interviews when Garcia loses.

Comment

I believe it. Too bad we cant say the same about Garcia.

Comment

I was thinking the same, but no he didn't receive as much flack because there was no internet or social media etc.. for the build up. At the time, but during and after the fight he caught a lot of flack..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              I believe it. Too bad we cant say the same about Garcia.
              That was my thoughts exactly. PEDerson was game, Cherry Garcia wasn't. "We're looking to work up to PEDerson in 2015."

Garcia is STRIVING to get to PEDerson. That's his GOAL. SMH!

Comment

Peterson should've been doing this talking after his last fight, had he and then been passed up for Salka it would've benefited him greatly.

Comment

People will trash it, but I really want to see Garcia/PEDerson. That would be a very good fight IMO.

Comment

I hope Al develops a better plan than just having the fighters sigh and say "I wanted ______but this was the only opponent I could get" and expect fans to take that seriously.

Comment

Working...
                    X