No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev-Caparello Pulls 990K Viewers, Rios-Chaves 936K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev-Caparello Pulls 990K Viewers, Rios-Chaves 936K

The August 2 split-site tripleheader generated a lot of press for HBO, though almost none of it pertained to the actual matchups that aired live from Atlantic City and Las Vegas.

Such was reflected in the ratings, in which the night served as an investment into the future more so than significant reason to turn in on a midsummer night.

The storyline for the evening was the light heavyweight title fight showcased from Atlantic City serving as a prelude to a major clash in the fall, one that also caused a major shakeup between HBO and Showtime. Sergey Kovalev survived a flash knockdown in round one to score three knockdowns of his own in a 2nd round stoppage of overmatched Blake Caparello at the Revel Resort in Atlantic City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting numbers, surely I thought that Rios-Chaves would have pulled in more than the Kovalev tune-up fight but I guess the Hopkins news added that extra interest. Also, in terms of ratings, Kovalev > GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Interesting numbers, surely I thought that Rios-Chaves would have pulled in more than the Kovalev tune-up fight but I guess the Hopkins news added that extra interest. Also, in terms of ratings, Kovalev > GGG.
      Only for this month, Golovkin has pulled in higher ratings almost every other time.

Comment

Better numbers than the card on July 26 so that's good. Down from Kovalev's last fight so it seems fans are no longer interested in watching guys KO easy opponents.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 08-05-2014, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Better numbers than the card on July 26 so that's good. Down from Kovalev's last fight so it seems fans are no longer interested in watching guys KO easy opponents.
          Boxing ratings have been down pretty much all year accross the board it seems besided a few exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            16k down? No one wants 90-10 match-ups but I wouldn't say the difference in the numbers between Kovalev's numbers in the past two bouts is particularly indicative of that.

Comment

Wow imagine what the viewing numbers will be like when he fights Hopkins.

Comment

Isn't this pretty much normal for BAD cards? I know they normally have lower rating than WCB cards...

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  Wow imagine what the viewing numbers will be like when he fights Hopkins.
                  I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being highest rated fight of the year... A lot of people are talking about it and Hopkins usually gets really good ratings

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Boxing ratings have been down pretty much all year accross the board it seems besided a few exceptions.
                    The difference being GGG and Kovalev have been touted as sure fire numbers producers because they have "exciting" fights that end in KO. They were supposed to be exceptions as well.

Its likely just a blip, but I think its fair to say that fans are not compelled to turn in simply because "ko's" are likely to occur.

Also, a bad sign for the putrid 8/9 card. We may see Sho pull less than 450k viewers.

Comment

Working...
                    X