No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Scott Quigg vs. Paulus Ambunda Set, 9/13 In Manchester

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Scott Quigg vs. Paulus Ambunda Set, 9/13 In Manchester

The mystery has been resolved regarding the next opponent for unbeaten 122 lb. titlist Scott Quigg, who will face Namibia's Paulus Ambunda in a September 13 title defense at Phones 4U Arena in Manchester, England.

Quigg (28-0-2, 21KOs) makes the third defense of the alphabet strap he formally acquired a year ago, with all three defenses now coming at the Phones 4U Arena.

Ambunda (21-1, 10KOs), a former bantamweight belt holder who moved up in weight earlier this year, fights outside of Namibia for just the second time in his career. The previous road trip ended his brief title reign, dropping a 12-round decision to Tomoki Kameda in the Philippines last August. [Click Here To Read More]

Slightly disappointing. I guess Eddie just wants Quigg to sit on the belt until Frampton has one.Mind you, Ambunda's not awful comp, if Quigg can KO him it'll be a decent win.

Comment

I guess Al Haymon wasn't willing to put Quigg against LSC on the Mayweather card.

Comment

Terrible. Quigg gave frampton stick for fighting cazares but hes fighting another bantamweight. Munyai was a career bantamweight now this guy. I wonder how eddie counters this. Its a step up for crolla a world rated guy. Hes been gettin praise for beating domestic level fighters lets see how he does on the world scene.

Comment

lousy fight, I will not be watching this one.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
            Slightly disappointing. I guess Eddie just wants Quigg to sit on the belt until Frampton has one.Mind you, Ambunda's not awful comp, if Quigg can KO him it'll be a decent win.
            the thing is quigg doesn't even have a legit belt yet. he's the regular champ which is basically a fancier way of saying interim champ. maybe in robert guerrero land that counts but to me it doesn't.

Comment

I like to watch Quigg fight but he's going along a similar path to that trodden by Ricky Hatton when Frank Warren had him playing to packed houses defending that phony WBU light-welter belt time after time against a range of guys who were not very good or were too old or too small to spoil the party.

Comment

Quigg should have fought rigo or santacruz ; this is a joke of a fight . Quigg needs to man up and face a champ already . These promoters keep mismatching his boxers out of fear of loosing .

Comment

Originally posted by londoner View Post
                  I like to watch Quigg fight but he's going along a similar path to that trodden by Ricky Hatton when Frank Warren had him playing to packed houses defending that phony WBU light-welter belt time after time against a range of guys who were not very good or were too old or too small to spoil the party.
                  Seems to me, every UK fighter with a winning record can pack a stadium. That's the big thing now, the reason to keep the homefield advantage, but he can sell out the home stadium. Philipinos fill stadiums, Argentines fill stadiums, Puerto Ricans overflow stadiums, that doesnt make a fighter any better.

Comment

Originally posted by lazaron72 View Post
                    Quigg should have fought rigo or santacruz ; this is a joke of a fight . Quigg needs to man up and face a champ already . These promoters keep mismatching his boxers out of fear of loosing .
                    Quigg offered to be Leo Santa Cruz's opponent on the Mayweather under card.

Obviously his offer was rejected.

Comment

Working...
                    X