No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diego Chaves: A Rios Rematch Would Be Much Easier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Diego Chaves: A Rios Rematch Would Be Much Easier

Argentine Diego Chaves was very upset after being disqualified by referee Vic Draculich in the 9th round of his HBO televised fight against Brandon Rios on Saturday night.

The fight resembled a wresting match and had many fouls and multiple take downs. Chaves had two points deducted while Rios was deducted a point.

Chaves met with the press after the fight and complained about being punched in the back and suffering multiple head butts. Rios went straight to the hospital with neck pain and a possible scratched cornea and wasn't available to give his side of the story.
    [Click Here To Read More]

1st fight should have been easy. Pac showed the blueprint to beat Rios.

Anyone decent boxer should be able to move around him and pop him in the mouth all night.

Comment

theyre both bums, rios is a bum for not finishing him off now we wont see the last of this clown.

Comment

Rios' career was saved because of this b.s. stoppage.

Comment

Put the rematch on the Pac vs. Algeri undercard!

Comment

All you got to do is box Rios and you will most likely win if you dont eat some hard punches cause Rios can punch.

Chaves was doing okay but I think Rios power was getting to him I think it was the 3rd or 4th round Rios hurt him bad but he played it off nice/

Either way, the eyes are on you Chaves now you cant hold or anything you actually gonna have to fight.

Comment

Rios was fighting a little dirty. Chavez gave it back and Rios gets upset. Both parties should had been DQ. Chavez was just as dirty too

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Put the rematch on the Pac vs. Algeri undercard!
                for what?? arum doesnt think like that. if the card is gonna flop then its gonna flop. arum is not going to put a potential main event (for TR anyways) on a pac under card to try and save the fight. this match up is made for one reason and thats to expand more in the asian market, nothing else.
                Last edited by Evol; 08-05-2014, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 33030 View Post
                  Rios was fighting a little dirty. Chavez gave it back and Rios gets upset. Both parties should had been DQ. Chavez was just as dirty too
                  a little?? if anything rios fought more dirty than chaves. i was suprise when the ref called the fight off and chaves got DQ'd, at first i thought it was rios that got DQ'd LOL..

Comment

Originally posted by crazed_z06 View Post
                    1st fight should have been easy. Pac showed the blueprint to beat Rios.

Anyone decent boxer should be able to move around him and pop him in the mouth all night.
                    Chaves landed some great shots on Rios... Those lead right uppercuts as Rios comes forwards was a beaut. But Rios is hard to discourage, and the key is movement which Chaves was unable to sustain (stamina issues?).

So if they rematch, I see the same ugly, but exciting, fight again. Unless Rios is completely brain damaged, only a KO would stop him from coming forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X