No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NSAC Explain Rios-Chaves DQ Call By Ref Drakulich

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: NSAC Explain Rios-Chaves DQ Call By Ref Drakulich

The Nevada State Athletic Commission explained Saturday's disqualification outcome to the welterweight fight between Brandon Rios and Diego Chaves. Referee Vic Drakulich disqualified Chaves in the ninth round, after a very dirty contest by both fighters. By that point, Drakulich had deducted two points from Chaves and one point from Rios. Both fighters, and their corners, were warned numerous times regarding the dirty tactics being used in the contest.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It wasn't boxing, so he was right, in a way. On the other hand. It was entertaining and they were working overtime. They did try to hit each other in between all that other stuff. A no contest, double DQ would have been better.

Comment

chaves was the one initiating all the fouls flopping trying to get rios DQ. he kept on burying his head on top of rios head whenever rios tried to inside fight. he would illegally hold rios with both hands then put his chin on top of rios head trying to get the ref to deduct points on rios.

he's a scumbag and i hope he is banned from ever fighting in america ever again.

i hope he gets sent to guantanamo bay and gets tortured for flopping.

Comment

But it's ok to headbutt your opponent 70 plus times simply because that's how you fight and it's the only way you can get on the inside and fight your fight...I don't know any boxer on earth who wouldn't have fouled Rios after all that charging with his head. I'm not making excuses for either side but let's be real,fighters leading with their heads is massively dangerous to their opponent and they put in a ref who couldn't understand one boxer but could understand the other. Chaves and his corner yelled at Vic "Cabeza" at least 12 times that fight but he didn't understand it not once....

Comment

They need to give Vik the Levi Martinez treatment.

Comment

I applaud Vic D. for doing his job.

Comment

Rios is a whiner (Chaves was not much better at times). Don't fall in with your head and you won't get clinched so often and if your opponent rakes his gloves over your eyes in a clinch then close your eyes and then exact payback.

Textbook case of how bad refereeing can escalate the fouling, as well as ruin a perfectly good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterNeversoft View Post
                I applaud Vic D. for doing his job.
                Oh Lord, someone please help this child

Comment

If Chaves was truly intentionally sticking his thumbs in his eyes then he deserved to be DQ'd.

Im not a fan of Dracula but that was a nasty fight, it would have been a tough job for any ref.

At the time of the DQ, I thought it was excessive. But again if the eye gouging is true, I have no problem with that. And obviously Chaves was warned a million times and had points deducted.

Comment

vic did the right thing rios was getting to him and he was getting fustrated and started wiotht the bs

Comment

Working...
                    X