No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Taken To Hospital Following DQ Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Taken To Hospital Following DQ Win

Brandon Rios has been to a nearby hospital in Las Vegas following his 9th round disqualification win over Diego Chaves in their wild brawl Saturday evening at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas.

The fight was loaded with action but also a foul-filled affair, as referee Vic Drakulich docked two points from Chaves and one point from Rios over the course of the evening.

Rios began complaining of having his eye poked by Chaves' thumb when the two were at close quarters towards the end of round six. The former lightweight titlist continued to complain of the infraction, including at fight's end when his actions nearly prompted an in-ring riot.
    [Click Here To Read More]

C'mon man...hope its nothing..

Comment

What this fight shows is that despite Rios getting the W, he is done at the top level. Chaves is probably a lower B level boxer, probably a really durable, respectable C+ fighter. Rios struggled bad with him. They should cash Rios out in a big fight with Marquez.

His success at 135, excluding the Abril fight, was because he was so big and powerful down there. Now at 140-147 mostly every top fighter there can take his shots and outbox him. Still has a good chin, but what's a good chin with little boxing technique or a good gameplan?

Comment

They are really trying to sell that eye gouge disqualification. As for the concussion symptoms, they probably come from blocking so many shots with his head tonight. I kept watching this fight and saying that if Rios doesn't change his style he is gonna end up being one of those fighters whose solid chin causes them to suffer brain damage. I hope he takes another break and sees a neurologist before he thinks about fighting again if he has suffered a concussion.

Comment

seems the ddt had an effect, i was wondering because you could see rios landed right on his head

Comment

Thats why clinching should be banned. Disgrace to the the world of Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
              seems the ddt had an effect, i was wondering because you could see rios landed right on his head
              A DDT can do some damage. A kid at school had to leave when another kid gave him one.

Comment

Rios didn't just struggle, he was losing the fight clearly. It was a dirty fight but both sides were dirty, so the DQ was BS.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                  lmfao I was reading DDT all night and it barely clicked lol.

But yeah chaves put him in the head lock and took rios down in a straight wrestling move.

Comment

If he gets a Latino doctor, he will get two Benditos and a glass of water.

You know Bam Bam is going just to get a lollipop.

Comment

Working...
                    X