No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gavin-Bundu Early Fight Results: Jay Harris Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gavin-Bundu Early Fight Results: Jay Harris Wins

Swansea's Jay Harris moved to 3-0 with a 40-36 verdict over Kent's winless Ricky Leech. Leech was last seen getting bombed out in a round by Gamal Yafai and it looked although the same might happen here when a spirited body attack from Harris had him pinned against the ropes for the majority of the opener and seemed to hurt him a couple of times. Harris calmed down as the fight wore on and began to get his boxing together, while Leech, now 0-2-1 would launch the odd wild swing with only mild success. Working behind his jab, Harris would bring his right hand round well before dipping back down to the body and was well worth his 40-36 verdict.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That was a cracking fight, really enjoyed it. Can't argue with the decision either, I think everyone knew it was going to be a razor thin decision.

2 completely different styles that meshed really nicely for a really good fight. If Bundu doesn't go onto a world title shot, that he should be knocking right on the door of now then a rematch in a few fights time would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
      That was a cracking fight, really enjoyed it. Can't argue with the decision either, I think everyone knew it was going to be a razor thin decision.

2 completely different styles that meshed really nicely for a really good fight. If Bundu doesn't go onto a world title shot, that he should be knocking right on the door of now then a rematch in a few fights time would be awesome!
      agree on all counts. really enjoyed this one!
      Bundu a real good fighter, shame he's getting on a bit now, would like to see a good few more years out of him.

Comment

It was a good fight. Gavin has no power. At the top level you need to earn the respect of ur opponent. I was suprised he was missing so much. For me the fight werent close I scored it 116-111 bundu. Boxnation were clearly biased. Bundu out worked him. Threw way more punches and his punchers were more effective too they were hurting or backing up gavin. Frankie showed heart today tho. First time hes been in deep waters and he fought back bravely. Bundu is a good fighter.

Comment

BUNDU was too good for GAVIN like he was too good for PURDY and BROOK avoided him so far because he knows it;anyway PORTER will punish the runner BROOK.
          I told so many times on this site that BUNDU is a great welterweight at 39y he is SIMPLY AMAZING,watch his footwork and the quantity of punches he throws for round,etc....!
          Funny that after the KD in round 6 (BODY SHOT),the ref made him recover because the mouthpiece but he didn't deduct a point...BRIT GARBAGE,DON'T WORRY BUNDU DID IT AGAIN!!!
          The fight was a clear victory of LEONARD....CLEAR!!!Good fight because BUNDU' style is ever good to watch if the opponent come to fight!!

Comment

Working...
          X