No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Looks To Become The Next Crossover Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Looks To Become The Next Crossover Star

Gennady Golovkin ranks third all-time, regardless of weight class, in knockout percentage. It is not a distinction that has brought good fortune to everyone on that list.

Edwin Valero knocked out all 27 professional opponents, 19 of them in the first round. The Venezuelan hung himself in his prison cell at age 29, after being charged for the murder of his wife.

Rocky Marciano, the undefeated heavyweight champion, knocked out 43 of his 49 victims. He got out of the boxing game unscathed, then died when his inexperienced pilot crashed a plan in Iowa. Marciano was 45. [Click Here To Read More]

He is a great guy and exciting but no way will he be a cross over super star.

How many fighters are?

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
      He is a great guy and exciting but no way will he be a cross over super star.

How many fighters are?
      at 32 years old he doesn't have much time to build his profile either. if he gets the right fights - cotto, canelo, chavez jr., froch, ward - and continues to look destructive, he can probably secure himself as the third or fourth biggest draw in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        at 32 years old he doesn't have much time to build his profile either. if he gets the right fights - cotto, canelo, chavez jr., froch, ward - and continues to look destructive, he can probably secure himself as the third or fourth biggest draw in the sport.
        The fighters that you said all have there prospective countrys and ethnic fan base behind them to relly make them the draws thet they are, so I dont think GGG`s ethnic fan base is large enough to make him that kind of draw.

I could be wrong but I dont think so

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
          The fighters that you said all have there prospective countrys and ethnic fan base behind them to relly make them the draws thet they are, so I dont think GGG`s ethnic fan base is large enough to make him that kind of draw.

I could be wrong but I dont think so
          Most countries under the former Soviet banner love GGG. He has a solid fanbase, once he gets his English mastery down.... Superstar time....

If Only Canelo and JCC jr understood this, they would be at that level as well..

Comment

You Guys Posting Are All Experts On GGG's Career Path; LOL!!!

Idiots. Gennady will decide. Just enjoy watching him. To talk about him crossing over , his age, you pre suppose you have a clue. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TLC8 View Post
              Idiots. Gennady will decide. Just enjoy watching him. To talk about him crossing over , his age, you pre suppose you have a clue. Lol
              This is speculation son, do you understand speculation?

Get off of the man nuts and try to be objective, there are more factors to someone being a Star then them deciding for themselvs.

If people held that power for themselvs then every body who has a little something special would be a star.

These fan boys never cease to amaze me

Comment

This is what happens when you try to trade with Golovkin.
                Who is this azzhole who wrote article how hard to sell tickets?
                That was no place to stand

Comment

Originally posted by larimoor View Post
                  This is what happens when you try to trade with Golovkin.
                  Who is this azzhole who wrote article how hard to sell tickets?
                  That was no place to stand
                  Yep! Ticket sales were strong and the crowd was defiantly energized to see GGG. The merch booths were jammed with lines selling out and so many people were wearing the GGG Baseball caps. MSG was on FIRE last night and they were not just Russians living stateside. Every ethnic group came out to support him. A Superstar in the making!

Comment

Working...
                  X