Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Fury Talks Stiverne, Klitschko, Ustinov, Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Fury Talks Stiverne, Klitschko, Ustinov, Chisora

Heavyweight contender Tyson Fury discusses the failed rematch with Dereck Chisora, the withdrawal of Chisora with a left hand injury, his thoughts on possibly rescheduling the fight, thoughts of accepting late replacement Alexander Ustinov this Saturday night in Manchester, tactics to use against Ustinov, what he wants to do following the fight against Fury, feelings on whether he can secure a shot at heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko, some possible thoughts on what may be taking place behind the scenes to make him lose and more. [Click Here To Read More]

I have only seen Fury fight a couple of times (livin' in the USA) but have never been impressed by 'any' fighter's self-promoting bravado statements outside the ring.

That being said, Chisora wimped out of this long awaited matchup...not Tyson Fury. Loved this interview. If Fury gets by Ustinov (and I think he will) then he deserves a shot at Stiverne. It would be the type of relevant heavyweight battle that most true boxing fans around the world would love to see.
    Last edited by ramblingalp; 07-24-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

if he fights as good as he talks ustinov is toast

Comment

Admittedly I ragged on Fury back in 2009-2010 when he looked like a fat lump of shit in both fights against McDermott, but fuggin hell I love the guy now. Have watched every one of his fights since Chisora I, and that he's going straight on in there against a giant truck like You-stinov () on short notice shows that he's a badass IMO. Plus, even though they're highly polarising around here, I find his rants and trash talk thoroughly entertaining.

Comment

Full fledged ***** nutter , shame he cant turn the smack talk into money or popularity, i have a feeling he doesn't seek much advise.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            Admittedly I ragged on Fury back in 2009-2010 when he looked like a fat lump of shit in both fights against McDermott, but fuggin hell I love the guy now. Have watched every one of his fights since Chisora I, and that he's going straight on in there against a giant truck like You-stinov () on short notice shows that he's a badass IMO. Plus, even though they're highly polarising around here, I find his rants and trash talk thoroughly entertaining.
            I've followed Fury since he went pro and had that same feeling - that he wasn't very good and that he was a KO waiting to happen. To his credit, Fury rededicated himself a few years ago to getting in good shape and improving his boxing skills. Also, credit to his team for great matchmaking in selecting opponents that have challenged and have developed him as a fighter but not putting him in over his head.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Heavyweight contender Tyson Fury discusses the failed rematch with Dereck Chisora, the withdrawal of Chisora with a left hand injury, his thoughts on possibly rescheduling the fight, thoughts of accepting late replacement Alexander Ustinov this Saturday night in Manchester, tactics to use against Ustinov, what he wants to do following the fight against Fury, feelings on whether he can secure a shot at heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko, some possible thoughts on what may be taking place behind the scenes to make him lose and more. [Click Here To Read More]
              Fury is a warrior, an inspiration, a master boxer. I can't wait til Saturday!!! Fury will once again prove his high ring IQ. Stiverne better not duck Tyson, that's all I am going to say about that.

Comment

I thought fury lost that first fight vs McDermott but thought he did alot better in the 2nd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  I've followed Fury since he went pro and had that same feeling - that he wasn't very good and that he was a KO waiting to happen. To his credit, Fury rededicated himself a few years ago to getting in good shape and improving his boxing skills. Also, credit to his team for great matchmaking in selecting opponents that have challenged and have developed him as a fighter but not putting him in over his head.
                  Totally agree on the re-dedication part. I first noticed it in the Firtha fight, where Fury suddenly decided to show an excellent jab and ring awareness... although he got rocked big time at one point. But even after getting rocked, his toughness was on display. Pajkic and Cunningham reaffirmed that, but also reaffirmed his vulnerability to overhand rights.

As for matchmaking, David Price's disastrous run comes to mind. To go from the likes of McDermott (shot to shit), Sexton (shot to shit), Skelton (shot to shit), and Harrison (no explanation needed)... to Thompson, was ludicrous. That wasn't a step up. It was a man sent to drown off the deep end.

Oh, and my first exposure to Fury was - of course - the famous self-uppercut.

Comment

Pretty much described my feelings toward him from the get go.

I remember when he was in the amateurs and they had the ABA finals, I believe it was, in York Hall and some of the other news guys were talking about this guy Tyson Fury having a lot of talent. And I remember seeing this huge sloppy fat guy walking into the ring throwing lazy jabs and didn't sit down on his punches at all.

That marked him for me all the way until the Rogan fight. I've seen most of his fights and was never impressed. Not even slightly impressed against Chisora either. But since the Rogan fight I think it came together for him. And he's been gradually improving ever since. Now I think he's a good fighter, and thoroughly entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                    X