No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez Aiming To Make a Statement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez Aiming To Make a Statement

Phoenix, AZ - Jose Benavidez trained for a specific foe for the Top Rank/Iron Boy Promotions card on July 26th but two weeks prior to the bout “they just switched it this morning, I don’t even know the new guy’s name”. It’s annoying but really nothing new. Jose said, “I had 140 to 150 amateur fights, in the amateurs you never know who you’re fighting unless you’re in the big tournaments.”

[Click Here To Read More]

I cant wait for saturday 2 of my boys gonna fight. Jose should definitely be a contender by now. hes got the skills set maybe hes management hasnt been so well.

Comment

Once again they are trying to pump sunshine up people's rear ends! Aurad has lost 4 of his last 6 and all 4 were KO losses. Like always, Benavidez is nothing but an overprotected fighter who was badly hurt by one of the setup gravy train fights he had recently. Any boxing show that pits prospects against prospects would tell him and his team to take a flying leap as soon as his team mentioned they would like to fight obvious setups against hapless, helpless opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        I cant wait for saturday 2 of my boys gonna fight. Jose should definitely be a contender by now. hes got the skills set maybe hes management hasnt been so well.
        Benavidez should be stepping it up by now at least he's active. Both him and Valdez fought in May so it's a quick turnaround. I'm more excited about seeing Valdez in action.

Comment

By now, I would have expected for Benavidez to have stepped up and do big things or to have been exposed already. When are they gonna take the training wheels off this kid?

Comment

Kid is not active enough. Phenomenal talent, but he's always injured or takes too much time in between fights.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              Once again they are trying to pump sunshine up people's rear ends! Aurad has lost 4 of his last 6 and all 4 were KO losses. Like always, Benavidez is nothing but an overprotected fighter who was badly hurt by one of the setup gravy train fights he had recently. Any boxing show that pits prospects against prospects would tell him and his team to take a flying leap as soon as his team mentioned they would like to fight obvious setups against hapless, helpless opposition.

I wonder how YOU would manage your career if you had bad hands. Im sure you would be in there every 3 months...

Comment

Jose Benavidez and Frankie Gomez are moving at a VERY SLOW PACE, had very high expectations for both as the next stars in boxing but haven't seen much from either yet

Time for Benavidez to start stepping up

Comment

its like 2014...we've been hyped for this kid for like 4 years now

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    I wonder how YOU would manage your career if you had bad hands. Im sure you would be in there every 3 months...
                    So you sign to fight only pushovers, setups, hapless, helpless opposition????? He has no problem knocking out inferior opponents with those hands.
                    Last edited by richardt; 07-25-2014, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X